Roof systems (1 Viewer)

crazynutta

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anybody got an info or advice on system roofs, we've always used tins but have had a job that we want to start request that we don't use tins (they haven't given a good reason).

We've only ever done mono pitched roofs and need to invest in a ridged system that we can do in plastic rather than tins.

Ideally want to use 450mm beams as that's our current stock and ideally a system that can be done by hand rather than crane.

Many thanks

UBIX, by far and away best system on market if you ask me. But is fooookin well expensive, i just hire them in as and when i need them. If the jobs up more than 16 weeks, works out better to buy the sheets and rent the roof gear.

Where you based?

Hertfordshire mate, do you know prices ck? I don't even know what components I need!

Nothing is more fun than pulling roof canvas sheets through runners with some nice thin blue rope... or trying to hump the feckin canvas sheets up to the roof.

Hi all,

Has anybody got an info or advice on system roofs, we've always used tins but have had a job that we want to start request that we don't use tins (they haven't given a good reason).

We've only ever done mono pitched roofs and need to invest in a ridged system that we can do in plastic rather than tins.

Ideally want to use 450mm beams as that's our current stock and ideally a system that can be done by hand rather than crane.

Many thanks

If you are trying to run with your current stock and top it with plastic you may want to shop around for the old Haki system with sticks & pans on the top?

Not the best long term option, I have done a lot with Haki 750 building over a safe platform and rolling into place no one in space no cranes but as with all roof systems they cost
regards
Alan

Good system the old HAKI one, but is like trying to find rocking horse poo. I tried to source some for an awkward roof up against a church tower with a load of buttresses on it, but couldn't find any to buy anywhere. If anyone has any for sale i'd be interested, it's handy to carry a bit for its adaptability with sheeting and closing gaps up, when up against another building. Thats the only downside of the Kadar roof sheets now, they have to be tightened from either end, so you can't sheet around things.

Just hire a ubix system from generations - you'll have to buy the sheeting but its very cost effective as it can reused .....just cost the price into the client tender & you'll save so much time & hard work erecting this.unless you were doing a lot of roofs i wouldnt advise purchase as it would take years to get your money back

Hi all,

Many thanks

I would be more than Happy to help you out on this project.
Ubix Roof System with or without beams.
paul.holmes@scaffoldingsales.co.uk
07921 480590 Give me a call.
George Roberts (NW) Ltd

Hi all,

Many thanks
I have used the Haki 750 roof system a few times and find the very easy to erect/dismantle & are very watertight, hope this helps you.

Ubix roof system fits 450 and its plastic cover , span 40m

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

Nothing is more fun than pulling roof canvas sheets through runners with some nice thin blue rope... or trying to hump the feckin canvas sheets up to the roof.

Always find a bit of Fairy washing liquid squirted down the runners works wonders (please note other brands available)

Top Bottom