Ejot timber frame tie

big john

Reaction score
Im looking for details, do's and don't , about this tie,
I've got a 4 to 5 lift timber frame job coming up and there's no room for buttress so thinking of using the ejot tie, or could I get away with using self tapper rings in the concrete block as the block is built up progressively?
Cheers in advance
John

Excalibur ties fella

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

Threaded bar, ecaliber bolts and the like all do the same job but still all require brick work being filled in on way down. imagine trying to the block work as it goes up you will be building it like a traditional build. Also not to sure on the load a timber framed face brick block work can actually take ad there isn't the weigh on it like a normal built. ie roof plate is supported by the timber frame

Cheers marra
I can't find any info on the tying into a single block on a timber frame anywhere.

I used the threaded bar ties when we had the same sort of multi-storey timber frame jobs a few years back,they went in at floor levels with one end of the bar threaded into solid steel thing that had a thread hole and a fitting that attatched to your inside standard with the other end going through a bored out hole in the floor joist and then a washer and bolt attatched.
It did the job although they were a ******* to get out from behind the joists if the ceilings had been boarded over inside,not sure how they are with the regs. on them though and how you do your pull testing.

Always used Excalibur into the floor joists only, walls no good.. unscrew on the way down and put any missing bricks in place

Try ADI Supply in the West Midlands. 01384 483657
Good products and technical support way ahead of Apollo.

i take it there is not enough room for a buttress ?

That's the way I wanted to go, can do it on one side only, the other sides have to be open for traffic, I explained I could gantry the road and raker back to that but the price nearly gave him a heart attack

Don't work for ADI but buy stuff from them and use them for training on fixings.

Top Bottom