6 board scaffold

Daryldavies

Reaction score
42f765e0b0237a990ad451afa9b5c5f8.jpg

Iv been doing morrisons stores around the country.they require differant jobs all the time but I was asked to do job 4m x 1lift.job was over a fire escape so I made it 6 boards wide.happy days took 45mins .job was tidy all safe.so we traveled 2.5hours to get back to cardiff.had phone call of site manager.when he was on the phone it sounded like the whole world is ending or some one has died."idiot" .he made me travel all the way back there to change it as it wasn't to tg20. I'm pretty good with safety.but I didn't no that a 6 board scaffold wasn't allowed.iv tried looking for information on this all I can find is scaffolds being 4+2 or 5+1.i can't actually find information saying I can't do 6 board scaffold.if anyone has any info from simian or from nasc or any other safety companies can u post it for me.thanks

1more thing I don't understand why they allow a 1.5m loading bay to be 6 boards wide but not independent

Any info much appreciated

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The man is talking **** fella cause that's a pedestrian walkway the min width is 1.5

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

Iv done 6 boards loads of times.i thinkhe had the book infront of him and because it only said 4+2 or 5+1 and didn't say 6.because I couldn't find info saying 6 boards was allowed I had to change it. I tried telling him it's fine but he wanted either drawing or changed and get drawing short notice would cost more than just changing it.

what if your erecting a birdcage scaffold , often 2.4m standards
there is no way i would have driven a 5 hour round trip for a no it all site manager ,
what the feek does he know if he thinks the job you have erected is not the best you could do in that situation ,
as stated by stark you have given the best pedestrian access you could by given him 6 boards wide with no inside board .
stick an invoice into them for your time ( which they will never pay )
and make sure your hand over certs have a signature from the site manager before you leave site .

Yeah but now your surly blocking a fire escape which is illegal , problem is a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

The inside standard must be near middle of path now ?

I havnt got pictures of it now. be honest he caught me of guard we bend over backwards for them we do alot of work for them.but some of them are nob heads.main thing is i cant actually find any info to stop me getting caught out again

Go back to pavement scaffolds regs same applies when there a chance off public needing to use that fire escape

Only pavement scaffold regs I can find is 1.2m width.

Yeah but your less than that you only a metre

Thought that was width before you change it ?

Yeah it's all good now.but don't wana be in the situation again in my eyes 6 boards is fine if loading bays for brickys can be 6 boards why can't independant be 6 boards

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

But nice to show site agents in black and white

Like I said it would come back to pavement scaffold regs because Joe public can come in contact with your scaffold

We inspect weekly they have there own health and safety.but often these job are done out of hours 9 times out of ten no agent there when handed over so it gets emailed through then emailed back.but on this occasion I wish site agent was there to tell me rather than travel home then back.but that's another discussion.just after some info on regulation to say 6 boards scaffold is fine.i no myself it was fine for the job that's why I done it but to some who looks at a book I need black and white proof

We inspect weekly they have there own health and safety.but often these job are done out of hours 9 times out of ten no agent there when handed over so it gets emailed through then emailed back.but on this occasion I wish site agent was there to tell me rather than travel home then back.but that's another discussion.just after some info on regulation to say 6 boards scaffold is fine.i no myself it was fine for the job that's why I done it but to some who looks at a book I need black and white proof

brother we all have customers that give us lots of work and we bend over to help them out ,
the trouble is when they start to throw sh it at you like this ,
you got 2 choices either you suffer it and move on ,
or you risk losing their work ,
with all due respect that is the bottom line mate

Yeah I appreciate that.and that is the bottom line i just hate being told I'm wrong by someone that knows fack all.i would love nothing better than next time I see him say "look u horrible looking **** I was right"lol

Come the revolution brothers

you just gotta learn to chill mate , its the game we are in hate they hate paying for scaffold mate,
the question is , and always has been ,
do you need their work ?

Yeah can't do with out it.the old saying "it is what it is".Nice one lads

Top Bottom