Gents A Question please.......

Weaverbix

Reaction score
..........apart from "Wood"......does anybody have any knowledge of what type of material Americans use for scaffold boards? I'm looking for the actual name of the material.

If anyone knows also of the loading of these boards.

Thanks in advance

In America they mainly use metal boards called deck planks .

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

Hey Smark,

i totally agree and have used them myself working in the U.S. I have been asked a question on a project where scaffolds have arrived on a barge to OSHA stds. They have used wooden boards as apposed to said deck pans. Question was raised by the powers above, so just trying to get them off my back so to speak. Ha Ha

There was a system out in the north sea about 20 years back
Boco under deck using Wire slings and Aggedeck stageing boards
It was a bit like the old wire sling SGB used on there old cinema jobs back in the 70,s
Salamis bought them out on the Bp forties contract and it was never used again
the lads that used this were from new orleans down south

Thanks old scaff. Its all tube and fit on that barge but the boards kinda resemble the more traditional system board from home. 58mm thick are they. I know its some kind of copressed coposite of such, but to as to the name I havent a clue and this is what I source.

It sounds like the laminated boards thatare used on pertochem jobs in the middle east nowadays. They are heavier than normal boards and don't warp in the heat as easily. I haven't seen them as thick as the an omega orckwikstage board though.
I had a data sheet on them and will have a look round the Shiite I've amassed to see if its still there ;)

It sounds like the laminated boards thatare used on pertochem jobs in the middle east nowadays. They are heavier than normal boards and don't warp in the heat as easily. I haven't seen them as thick as the an omega orckwikstage board though.
I had a data sheet on them and will have a look round the Shiite I've amassed to see if its still there ;)

Thanks Happy, suppose the easiest thing for them to do is see which company erected the scaffold in the shipyard and possibly contact them. But hey, thats the easy option. Just expect you to know these things don't they, hahahaha.

Appreciate any help...

George Roberts

Online Shop

Home About Scaffolding Products Case Studies Online Shop Export HSEQ News Videos Contact

Laminated Scaffold Board

Laminated Scaffold Board Thumb

Product Download

Laminated Scaffold Board Guide

Laminated Scaffold Board

Please call 0151 524 2434 for a price on this product

Laminated Scaffold Boards

Laminated Scaffold Boards or sometimes referred to as LVL Scaffold boards are an alternative to the traditional solid timber scaffold board.

Master Plank® is an engineered wood product known as Kerto® and is designed specifically for use as a scaffold board. The unique process by
which it is manufactured disperses the inherent defects found in solid-sawn timber.

Natural characteristics such as knots and wane are randomised to maximise strength and minimise warping and splits.*

Features
Individually proof-tested
Enhanced durability and safety (OSHA/ANSI/BS/EN)
Meets and exceeds industry standards (including BS2482)
Stamped/embossed as ‘scaffold plank’
Unrivalled structural rigidity, stability and strength
10% lighter than solid wood equivalent
63 x 225 system batten replacements also available in lengths of 1.2m up to 7.315m
No metal end-banding required
Proven to last at least twice as long as solid wood equivalent
Perfect for petrochemical and gas industry applications
Excellent electrical insulation properties
Excellent anti-corrosive and chemical properties
Ideal for use where layouts inhibit modular systems
Low inert temperature properties

All laminated boards sold at George Roberts are kitemarked with the symbol of BSI third party accreditation, and are graded to BS 2482: 2009.

We stock Laminated Scaffold Boards in the following sizes:
13 ft
10 ft
8 ft
6 ft
5 ft

We can supply any other sized board upon request, which can be arranged with our sales team.

More Information

For more information on our Laminated Scaffold Board range and prices, contact a member of our experienced team now:

Email: sales@scaffoldingsales.co.uk

Tel: + 44 (0) 151 524 2434

Subscribe to our latest scaffolding news.

Get up to date news straight in your inbox.

subscribe

© 2017 Copyright. All Rights Reserved Terms & Conditions
Vat Number: 618 5719 17

icn_iso
FS59529

Abouts
About Us
Meet the Team
Videos
Terms and Conditions

Scaffolding Products
Aluminium Scaffolding Beams
Scaffolding Boards
Aluminium Scaffold Towers
Scaffolding Systems
Temporary Roofing Systems

Online Shop
Scaffolding Safety Equipment
Scaffolding Sheeting
Scaffolding Tool & Frogs
Scaffolding Accessories
Scafftag Tagging Systems

Quick Links
Scaffolding News
Scaffolding Safety
Export Scaffolding
Contact

sales@scaffoldingsales.co.uk
A: Unit D, Wakefield Road, Netherton, Liverpool, UK, L30 6TZ
T: + 44 (0) 151 524 2434

hope this helps pal

too much hassle trying to o through all the crap and then scan etc etc a quick internet search and bobs yer Uncle
glad to help WHO SAYS THE FORUMS DEAD ;)

Try ship yard staging boards
These old mother Feckers were 26 Ft long and 16x4 inch maily used in the ship building back in the 60s and late 70s
Angle Iron bracket welded sometimes to the side of the ship,or hung off chain from the deck above
These old Stagers could flick these from bracket to bracket like we do with 13ft
Men of steel
Ride that steel scaffolders

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Happy remember the Morecambe Flame unders deck hanger Feckkkkkkkk
One very small barge on dodgy cherry picker
One Scaff One welder over 600 droppers to go
And then us chasing the droppers with TF
This link should bring it all back
Ride that steel

Leelloyds Marine Engineering Pte Ltd - Recond, Refurbishment, Machining, Piping, Steel Work, Engines, Spare Parts, Air Compressor, Machine Equipment

Thanks old scaff. Its all tube and fit on that barge but the boards kinda resemble the more traditional system board from home. 58mm thick are they. I know its some kind of copressed coposite of such, but to as to the name I havent a clue and this is what I source.

There are LVL in TG20 which are liminated veneer lumber but They are about 33m thick, best try and find out off the manufacturer

Tom, this scaffold is built to OSHA stds not british. All material is from the USA.

Yeah, you normally find that OSHA standards are pretty high. We questioned the LVL boards when they first started to be used a lot over here

Tom, with that i will have to disagree with you my friend. From experience, working on a refinery out in Montana (conoco philips 66) the standard of scaffold was at least 10 yrs behind us here in the uk. The material may of conformed to somewhere near our regs, but the standrds for the scaffold was terrifying.....

we underwent there safety training and that was some eye opener i can tell you.

old but a goody I remember it well
Pulling on the ropes to get out from below the rig when the pilot ships left rhea dock to pilot the trident subs up to faslane . The waves they caused never left much room for the welder in the cherry picker on the barge.
Just how many standards were welded to the underdeck I couldn't even guess.
A cracking job were I met a life long pal :cry:

I that's right the MOD tug boats were moored at the Old Glen Yard Greenock
The swell would rock and roll the we Barge with the Sober welder and Captain Scaffolder
Big tommy safe hands fae Saltcoats
Hard to believe the same welder had Sun stroke a few months later that summer
Us Scaffs Hard Boots, Levis , fred perry and the Medic make sure we had plenty water with lime cordial in it
We Rab Buckets off blood sitting feeding the yard dog with John Lambs piece box
Tony Smith Sleeping his Days away with Joe Below ,half bottle if wine in has half bottle frog on his belt spanner full of rust

AYE JIMBO it went on time and under budget.
Rained forever with Stevie Todd catching pleurisy on nights What a Job
Remember Hal going in the water when the old youngman board snapped
change of overalls and back to work
REAL MEN REAL SCAFFS;)

Weaverbix
Thanks for kicking the post off
Apologies for hijacking some of the key points you are looking for
But it all comes back with some bullet points
Cheers
PS Cheers Happy

Try ship yard staging boards
These old mother Feckers were 26 Ft long and 16x4 inch maily used in the ship building back in the 60s and late 70s
Angle Iron bracket welded sometimes to the side of the ship,or hung off chain from the deck above
These old Stagers could flick these from bracket to bracket like we do with 13ft
Men of steel
Ride that steel scaffolders

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Happy remember the Morecambe Flame unders deck hanger Feckkkkkkkk
One very small barge on dodgy cherry picker
One Scaff One welder over 600 droppers to go
And then us chasing the droppers with TF
This link should bring it all back
Ride that steel

Leelloyds Marine Engineering Pte Ltd - Recond, Refurbishment, Machining, Piping, Steel Work, Engines, Spare Parts, Air Compressor, Machine Equipment

They used this type of staging at bae systems up until 1992 then had quick form 😊😊😊😊

Top Bottom