Driver cpc do we need it? (1 Viewer)

scaff101

Reaction score
Going on my hgv training tomorrow, just wondering if I need to do the cpc, can't get hold of training centre, they have invoiced me for it but thought it wasn't needed if driving wasn't main part of your job!

Grey area this one. When we rang VOSA to ask the same question their answer was this.
It all depends on who pulls you over. Some will want to see it and some will say you don't need it.
I did it all the same and on my course I was told as a scaffold driver and erector I did not need it. When I got pulled off the motorway by VOSA and taken to a weighbridge they said I didn't need it.

If you only drive all day delivering kit then yes you need it. If you are driving and erecting then no as it's not part of your main job!

Yeah that's what I thought as long as your erecting your all good, I don't fancied doing it!

Cost me £450 mate and only lasts for 5 years then you have to do the moduals again. Instructor said I was wasting my money but gladly took it anyway lol!

Yeah did mine couple years back only to find out I didn't need it , don't waste your money

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

If you ain't got CPC and claim you are only driving to the work place and your full time job is a scaffolder then you must produce your scaffolders card , if you ain't got one then they deem you as a driver and need CPC ,
And make sure you have a daily walk around check book filled in with you as that's another bee in their bonnet ,
And make sure you log your rest breaks and don't exceed the weekly rest breaks ( basically you can only drive every other Saturday ),

I got done 18 months ago for driving 6 days in a row and the fine is £100 per hour lucky I was only 3 hours out so it cost me £300 plus they give you a mandatory 48 hours no driving rest there and then so someone has to come get the lorry

Top Bottom