Scaffolding collapse fears in city centre as Storm Barbara closes in (1 Viewer)

Not what any scaffold firm would want this close to Christmas and having to sort the mess out in what little time they have left. I fear someone is going to be in big trouble!

Too many numpies in the game don't pay enough attention and respect to tying the job.

Absolutely spot on! Sheeted scaffolding needs more fixings to tie it to the structure and not a bad idea to proof test them as well.

I would also add that not enough scaffolds are being inspected in the correct way by properly trained competent people.
Too many construction companies taking the cheaper option of sending site agents and the like on the basic inspection course just so they can sign the tag each week,not good enough,get the Scaffolders that know what they're looking at trained up.

Its To Easy To Become A Scaffolding Inspector!

When These Company's Start Taking The Scaffolding Inspectors To Court, Not Many Will Want The Job Then.

Its so easy to condem the scaffold company when we all know the chances are that some other numpty trade has prob removed the ties! & the agent/inspector hasnt even noticed - so the scaffs might not of even been back to the job for weeks - tbh rather than stand & watch the drama turn into a crisis the quickest fix is just to get up there & cut all the sheeting ties away

Its To Easy To Become A Scaffolding Inspector!

When These Company's Start Taking The Scaffolding Inspectors To Court, Not Many Will Want The Job Then.

The likes of Carillion specify that to inspect their Scaffold's that you must hold an Advanced ticket and with a minimum of 5 years experience as well as an Advanced inspection ticket.
If more companies followed these requirements then it would soon sort out many of the inspection issues,i think that all of us experienced Scaffolders know a hell of a lot more on what to look for in a structure than these 2/3 day course wannabees.
From speaking to a few of these agents/foremen and the like who have taken the 2/3 day course they really don't want the responsibility of signing off a scaffold,especially the more technical job's.

Top Bottom