Sand

Luce2120

Reaction score
Been asked to price a 28m long independent 4 lifts high top lift only boarded. Only catch is that it is on a sea wall in the middle of winter and will be 2 lifts underwater at high tide?

Anyone got any experience of this type of thing? Obviously normally this would fall under tg20:13 but will it still not require design even though it is in the sea? Gona take quite a beating I expect and also surely the sand it is sat on could just wash out from under it on a rough day?

Base it out and then anchor and cantilever from the wall, doesn't matter then if the sand gets washed from under the legs then. Definitely get a design done then. make sure it's worth your while doing it though, would imagine you'll be back and forth constantly to this, in theory i'd imagine it'd need inspecting every time the tide has been in and submerged the job?? No change of building a horse on top and hanging over the wall if it's only top lift boarded?

Get a design done mate to save the hassle & dontforget to tie down ur brds lol

Seen a job like this before. Shingle washed from underneath neath the standards and it was left hanging on the ties. May be worth factoring in the cost of new gear and taking it down with a disc cutter. Once the jobs been in the drink the gear will be knackered.

could you not use bands and plates as wall plates and canterlever it above the water level at say the second lift

6bb174be443af679b59c1e86f1d7fe6c.jpg
95aac0798d16307c32bf783157cc61c8.jpg
6254bacd4b5dd552a91052f89dfdc26a.jpg
b07ffe6d6c88159ff2ee9f8cdb28d195.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

This job was a pain in the arse.could only be done within 7 hours.its was 5ft splays around the sea wall.plus drilling in to sea wall was horrible rebar in every direction u drill lol

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This would without doubt be a design job.
the tide will tend to destroy this job on a regular basis at this time of year.
Your boards will want to either wash off or raise your scaffold out of the water and the forces to consider are no inconsiderable.
There is also the issue of flotsam & jetsam to take account of.
You will need to consider your insurance cover for this scaffold carefully as loose items that come adrift can damage passing vesicles some of which may be be of immense value and have a high down time charge.

Lots to consider most of which you should have done prior to quoting??

Top Bottom