Insulated Scaffolding Ladder

sertem90

Reaction score
Guys!!

I need suggestion from all of you.

I work in power plant project. Almost 50% area energized.

i will order 4m-5m insulated ladder.

Do you think fiber ladders is okay to use in power plants ?

Any suggestion to buy ?( brand- web site or etc.)

We've just done a sub station and they made us put a wooden ladder on it!

Way cheaper than the insulated fibre ones!

Actually I dont trust wood ladders looks very stupid to me. In this century everything made up with steel or something but using wood type ladder :confused:

Expensive. It wasn't so long ago that wooden ladders were the industry standard.

Expensive. It wasn't so long ago that wooden ladders were the industry standard.

The price i dont mind.

The usability is most important thing to me. i got some wooden ladders in here that they bought long time ago. I see them very week and i work in iraq so you should consider about climate also. very hot and humidty most of time.

That climate i think will create problems for wooden types. What do you think?

Probably. They're now defunct in the UK as they no longer meet industry standards.

Probably. They're now defunct in the UK as they no longer meet industry standards.

You probably need to explain that a bit more in case it becomes a definitive reference.

(I'm not sure that I would use a timber ladder to BS1129 where there is electricity around but one to EN131 may be ok if I don't weigh more than 150 kg)

fibre glass still conducts WOOD WOOD WOOD

And yet one manufacturer says:

Fibreglass does not conduct electricity, so it is safer to use around power lines or other live sources of electricity. Of the non-conductive options, fibreglass ladders weigh less and are therefore easier to lift, move and transport. For example, a 6-tread fibreglass platform stepladder weighs just 11.4kg compared with the same product in wood weighing typically 14 kg.

Are we getting accurate facts here?

Last edited:
Timber ladders are still widely used all over the UK and are still compliant with all codes of practice. That said, i think metal ladders are more popular in the Middle East due to the high temperatures. I would be more concerned about the scaffold tubes: you can use short ladders from lift to lift to make for safer handling in live plant, but is it going to be practical to use short tube too? GRP scaffold tube is available but is very expensive and there is no guidance on how it should be used when it comes to scaffolding so a design would be required.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

https://www.scaffoldingsales.co.uk/scaffolding/timber-pole-ladder/

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

https://www.scaffoldingsales.co.uk/scaffolding/timber-pole-ladder/

Top Bottom