Scaffolding career change good idea or not (1 Viewer)

Phil180

Reaction score
Hello chaps i been a forky on site for a few years but dont wanna do it forever ive always had an interest in scaffolding and would luv to learn how to do it im thinking of booking up the cots and getting a scaff labour ticket and see where it takes me. Do you think il learn so i can move on in a few months and try get part 1 or do scaff labourers find it hard to get on crews and taught stuff. Its quite a big desicion changing career path coz ive got family an kids so dont wanna waste next 6 months trying get into scaffing if im not gonna be in constant work is there loads of work an oppourtunity about for newbies getting into the game. Cheers for any feedback on this i would appriciate it.

Not a good age to get into it to be honest buddy, you'll get no funding for courses and stuff, and they're fecking expensive and they're trying to implement some more at the minute. Also, with out being rude, it's hard graft compared to sitting in a nice warm telehandler cab. :D

Stay in your cabin mate. Winters coming

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Its a massive misconception that forkys have it easy let me tell you all now being a forky is the most stressful job on site !!! ;-) ha ha well im not suprised to hear i wont get no funding as ive had to pay for all my tickets ive had my whole life. I can imagine tho it be hard graft i see it everyday on site what you chaps have to do. Ive done weight lifting for years so am quite strong so i was thinking that might go in my favour. Wish i got into scaffing when i was younger but unfortunaly was too naughty and thick in my younger wilder days like most people i suppoze.

I've known of guys getting into scaffolding later in life. As they say age is only a nuber. Nice avatar by the way . Im a big fan of the early fords. If you were in my gang you'd do fine.

Go for it u only live once.
Regret the thing's u have done not the ones u haven't.
I'm 52 and still at it so plenty of time 4 u

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

give it a shot mate,im nearly 60 & still doing it.you have always got something to fall back on which is a good work ethic.
go for it now,or you might regret it sooner or later.

Where do u live mate il have you with me il show u the ropes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

I'm 69 and still out on the tools

Ha ha you must be an old div like me trying to get out of the bleeding game...:laugh::laugh: Mind you I'm 55 and totally wrecked...

Those feckin silly games when your young and dumb. " what do you mean ya can't carry 10 boards ya soft cun7" and " i bet you can't......."
Thats all it took for d1ckhead here to be ensnared in to accelerating the wear and tear on my back and shoulders by about feckin 40 year!!

its the best game in the world met some great guys
BUT IVE ALSO MET SOME REAL SNYDERS.
tHE WORK IS HARD BUT AND YES IT DOES CATCH UP WITH YOU.
yOU ARE FROM THE SOUTH EAST SO WORK OPPORTUNITIES SHOULDNT BE AN ISSUE.
All the best in your decision and welcome to the forum;)

i would give you a chance mate

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Where do u live mate il have you with me il show u the ropes

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

I'm 69 and still out on the tools

He wouldn't go far wrong if he spent a couple of years with yourself Pat

i would give you a chance mate

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

He wouldn't go far wrong if he spent a couple of years with yourself Pat

I no mate everyone deserves a chance how u been work busy

I no mate everyone deserves a chance how u been work busy

its been a strange year Pat ,we get mental 7 days a week then it all of a sudden it grinds to a halt ,
Pat you know of any yards going in west London mate ?

My yard is in Kew next to Quattro waste yards are getting harder to get you over Euro storage

Top Bottom