any work in holland ? (1 Viewer)

dertboll

Reaction score
hi
any work going in holland or germany ? fancy a change for a bit.

list any agencies etc

thanks

well im after the usual what i could expect in any big city in uk. £1000-1200 a week

well im after the usual what i could expect in any big city in uk. £1000-1200 a week

Won't get that in Holland mate, beautiful country and loads to do depending what your in too but u will sacrifice your £1200 a week for around €600 to €800 per week in the petrochemical plants (for this a VCA is mandatory, Dutch equivalent to a safety passport). Great place for a single guy wouldn't advise it to married lads/ lads that need to send £ back to UK.

Hope this ain't burst your bubble dertboll.

Won't get that in Holland mate, beautiful country and loads to do depending what your in too but u will sacrifice your £1200 a week for around €600 to €800 per week in the petrochemical plants (for this a VCA is mandatory, Dutch equivalent to a safety passport). Great place for a single guy wouldn't advise it to married lads/ lads that need to send £ back to UK.

thanks mate, what about germany , any better , just fancy a change for a bit

Plenty of work in Holland problem is now the wages have dropped due to the country's influx of eastern Europeans same in the middle east cheap labour for scaffolders are everywhere,you will struggle with big money on the spanners unless you go into supervision roles pal

Your speaking from experience there young Rick..?

Your speaking from experience there young Rick..?

Had a few stints out there, was last over in March to see what was what. Money has definately slumped for scaffs mick and you know yourself cost of living ain't cheap out there.

Don't get me wrong it's a proper eye opener but I'm glad to be working in uk again :cool:

look up "van der panne" based in rotterdam or SGB both work in the shipyards. i was out here about 12 yrs and the money was not great back then very much doubt if it has improved much... tax can be a nightmare as well

Top Bottom