Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How feckin much???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 668 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellon941 View Post
    Although credit needs to be given to the development of these, I cant see the benefit outweighing the cost!
    Hi Ellon...
    Quality of component parts has always been a point for discussion, there is a case for benefit outweighing the cost, however, from a Technical Authority point of view the Data sheet for the klaws boasts a 30 Kg rating, this maybe a point of concern when Designing a Scaffold Structure to its optimum, Designers may Calculate on 30 Kg optimum, I know that their safety factors engineered into the Structure, the 30 Kg is a unique selling point and in part a selling tool…

As for the welded joints, as we know as a rule of thumb 1 inch of weld will hold 1t, however, still a week point susceptible to large stress load and if not full protected will impinging on the integrity of the the weld during its cyclic service, I not saying it a bad coupler, its about an educated choice and horses for courses...
    Your only as good as your last Job

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Garry Adams For This Useful Post:

Old scaff (18th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,990 Posts

18 months to develop and test apparently.?????
    30 kn loading. upgraded calcs in bracing.?????

Thanks

Garry, with so much class A and class B doubles already in use we will always design a the lowest factor (class A) as it is likely there will be an unknown mix.
    I get the idea, but cant see it taking off big time. Just use a set on the transom, job done!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 668 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellon941 View Post
    Garry, with so much class A and class B doubles already in use we will always design a the lowest factor (class A) as it is likely there will be an unknown mix.
    I get the idea, but cant see it taking off big time. Just use a set on the transom, job done!
    I concur T…safety factors apply…the proof test must have been taken to the Max, perhaps not to the point of distraction, however, for the uninitiated it may appear that Klaws will provide more frictional force than alternative couplers in the Market Place…

Aye, my thoughts were if one uses Calcs at (class A) why would you require the Klaws rating ???
    Your only as good as your last Job

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Garry Adams For This Useful Post:

Ellon941 (19th October 2016)

Thanks

I thought these fitting were introduced to omit ledger bracing?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4