How feckin much??? (1 Viewer)

Thank f*** its made in China. Who knows how much they would be asking if it were made in Europe

Just had a look at these and can't really see any benefit to them Compared to a normal double :wondering:

They look like they fit on top of each other like mills, so you can put main trannies on barnies at standards on boarded lifts, but still can't see the selling point that you'll save time, well enough time to justify spending a feckin b4astard fiver a fitting!!

If they are made in china I can't see how they cost so much compared with normal fitting. I don't see that much of a difference. They would probably be good enough fitting if they cost the same as normal. They should have ordered in bulk and kept the costs down

They look like they fit on top of each other like mills, so you can put main trannies on barnies at standards on boarded lifts, but still can't see the selling point that you'll save time, well enough time to justify spending a feckin b4astard fiver a fitting!!
As you say the same result as the Mills 90 in regards to transoms being used on the same ledgers. OK for jobs such as droppers on the rigs ect but the price of the fitting specially coming from China, is a trifle steep to be honest....:D

Be interesting to see how many will be queuing up to buy them at a fiver each..:eek:

looks like a nice plan, that said irrespective of what they say it is tested to (30kN) slip it is still only a class B coupler (30kN slip, even reduced by all sorts of Safety Factors would be a blinding load capacity comparable with the old MK3a assuming it passes ALL the other requirements)

Class B couplers at on the market in the UK at less than 30 bob, the cost v's benefit differential is too great here I feel.

As you say the same result as the Mills 90 in regards to transoms being used on the same ledgers. OK for jobs such as droppers on the rigs ect but the price of the fitting specially coming from China, is a trifle steep to be honest....:D

Be interesting to see how many will be queuing up to buy them at a fiver each..:eek:

Hey JTM how are you? Don't think these could be justified even offshore mate. I certainly wouldnt fancy hanging a scaffold and knowing they could put that amount of weight on it, more to the point imagine putting them in the drink at a skydiver a piece. :DI think it is a remodel of the Mills fitting.

All said and done I think it's about time that new inventions were taken on a little more in this industry. Just a shame that the money isn't there to support the new radical ideas.

Having look at this new fitting its a nice to have at this price.
Looks like the have modified a swivel, to create tube on tube like the Mills 90
Our companies will always go for the most cost effective materials the meets the criteria
So this one will be on hold at £4950 .for 1000 fittings

Hey JTM how are you? Don't think these could be justified even offshore mate. I certainly wouldnt fancy hanging a scaffold and knowing they could put that amount of weight on it, more to the point imagine putting them in the drink at a skydiver a piece. :DI think it is a remodel of the Mills fitting.

All said and done I think it's about time that new inventions were taken on a little more in this industry. Just a shame that the money isn't there to support the new radical ideas.
Im fine mate. I am seriously thinking now of going into scaff inspection or health and safety as I think time now is taking its toll on the tools. Not my age mate but the mileage. You still offshore? Coming back to the subject the Mills 90 were banned offshore due to the vibration loosening the speed bolts if I remember right. Dont think these fittings are speed bolts though but if they are indeed class b doubles then I cant see you using them out there.:D
Its the price of them that got this topic going anyway....:nuts:

New scaffolding system

Hi
I have patented a new scaffolding system which I will be bringing to the scaffolding industry in the coming months which works in combination with tube and fitting scaffolds as you all no tube and fitting scaffolds are the most versatile form of scaffolding but it requires intellectual knowledge to erect or dismantle and for this reason other systems have been invented over the years but none of the other systems can perform as good as they all require adjustable jackplates on the ground surface and stability in all structures start from the base then there is the restrictions on the levels of platforms which can only perform to the nearest holder and correct working platform levels are essential when working at heights,stability less secure and they all use tube and fitting to secure scaffolds safer, costly complete restocking,
The system which I have patented works in combination with tube and fitting scaffolds and reduces the intellectual knowledge in erection or dismantle,reduces timescale in all scaffolds types by 40%percent, UNIQUE only type of scaffolding of which the transoms can be attached to the ledgers before the attachment to the upright standards this allows bay sections to be stored or transported attached together saving massively on labour costs ,stability in scaffolding safer,simplest type of all scaffolds to erect or dismantle one man can erect alone, connection of ledgers the safest attached by couplers not internal or external joints ,can be used to simplify tube and fitting scaffolds and revert back whenever required adding to existing stock
On the double that is supposed to be patented you can't patent something that as been done before (mills fitting) it's got to be an new innovative step

Last edited:
Thanks mate I will forward you details in a couple of weeks for you to witness my system being erected to prove my claims and you can be the first to report on the site what you think of it

You didn't think this all singing, all dancing scaffolding revolution merited its own thread then?

If it is already patented why do we have to wait a few weeks could you not put a few photos up to show this wonderful new system

Ffs, another pretender reinventing the wheel. Good luck matey, but I reckon that we have seen it all before.

A fiver a pop? I can say these going missing by the bag full if anyone is daft enough to get them in.

Top Bottom