Help from Mongolia (1 Viewer)

ianrip

Reaction score
Guys I'm in Mongolia now, Mining project in the Gobi desert.
I need some help with identifying some fittings.

i think they're ancient, so i'm trying to find out the age, manufacturer or even the companies history.

I will reject the fittings but would like to try and get a bit more info on the origin.
i think they're from the UK, then been sold to the Chinese, who then brought them to Mongolia 3-4 years ago.
I think they're from the 1970'S or older.
the stamp says, JW 8 *10* 11*48, which has a symbol for the diameter

Attachments

• IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2347.jpg
    IMG_2347.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2346.jpg
    IMG_2346.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Earlier than 1970' more like 1940's. Items in photos 2-5 I have seen laying around in SGB's yard back in the 70's to be scrapped. I remember being told they were 'Mill's' fittings but don't know the makers.

not sure mate,could be old half inch Westminster fittings.
I think it was when I was with u.b.m.scaffolding in the mid eighties.
they brought them out to us to use when the yard was near empty.
hard going with them if I remember right.

Photos 2 and 3 look like a good spigot but have never seen if before

First firm in ever worked for in 1980 had loads off them . A bucket full off them were heavy

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Used them in the 70s as grimmy says heavy lumps of metal.

Never noticed JW Stamp on them though.
JW?
Johnny Walker
John Wayne
John West
Just William

Last edited:
im sure that the fittings are strong enough but be careful, back then the standards were not as stringent with regards to marking of scaffolding fittings etc. if the client specs require upto date materials you will probably find these will be not be allowed

fookin johnny weismuller...pmsl,you needed his shoulders to wind the fookahs up!!!.

Doesn't really surprise me that you would have to go to fuckin Outer Mongolia to see fittings like these in circulation. There or Wales.

they are casted scaffolding couplers, fixed type, swivel type and sleeve coupler, there are some Chinese factories still making them, cannot tell their age, but must be ancient old.

Top Bottom