Fittings

derryscaff

Reaction score
Who makes/sells the best fittings now and what costs. There is some bad stuff out there was wondering what you all think is best sold at present

Drop forged for me as a lot of the pressed steel stuff on the market these days is real rubbish and just don't last so I see it as a false economy

I agree drop forged much better for not much more. I do find some suppliers hav poor quality fittings so it can be hard to get good fittings especially with the imported stuff

Derry scaff have you seen the new klawz fitting looks good nothing shy of the mills design for steel on steel but at least it gives you class A node points per standard it's on the tin tenet along with images

Ah, the mills double. Takes me back. Quality fitting.

Haven't seen them yet must look them up. Have you tried them?

this is an area were NASC should flex their bully boy muscles and stop the Shiite imported crap fittings.tube and systems.
Maybe once they have run out of money making scams against hard working scaffolders and small to medium size scaffolding contractors:mad:
anything sgb and mills made was class I am also a big fan of the sticky willy/boulton doubles ;)

Doubt it very much
the same goes for the CUPLOK they did have their own factory but the last I worked for them was pre Harsco days:cry:

this is an area were NASC should flex their bully boy muscles and stop the Shiite imported crap fittings.tube and systems.
Maybe once they have run out of money making scams against hard working scaffolders and small to medium size scaffolding contractors:mad:
anything sgb and mills made was class I am also a big fan of the sticky willy/boulton doubles ;)

More than once the 'sticky wullie' double has served as a make do substitute for a single to fix a toeboard when I've run out of singles or couldn't be @rsed getting a single up to finish the job.:nuts:

Does sgb still make a fitting

I don' believe SGB ever made fittings. They were supplied by Boulton Ltd and later Presco.

SGB did however have the Mk3A coupler branded with their name, a fantastic double with a SWL 12.5kN. The last time I purchased any was around 11 years ago but I would like to think someone still makes them?

B&P are still available as we have recently purchased some, I love a B&P.

I think you may be surprised at how much of the equipment you use on a day to day basis is not from where you would expect it to be from.
Even the big boys sub their work out to the cheaper manufacturers abroad.

Fittings from China & India, Beams from China, India and Eastern Block Europe, Tube China & India, Cuplok China & India & ME
I have visited factories all over the Middle East & East (no not Yarmouth) as well as Europe and seen all the systems all the couplers in the most out of date factories.

(I will add that I have also visited the Haki factory in Sweden and the Van Thiel Factory in Amsterdam both are in a different league very professional )

This true Mr reade sgb never made a fitting but bought them in bulk with their logo branded into them,but sgb and mills were at loggerheads over the read lock transoms the patent for sgb,s readylock was far more superior sgb used 100s n thousands of em they sold their patent on the readys sold off all and invested into the infamous cuplock,which I thought was I bad idea as readylock transom sales are through the roof with sales

This true Mr reade sgb never made a fitting but bought them in bulk with their logo branded into them,but sgb and mills were at loggerheads over the read lock transoms the patent for sgb,s readylock was far more superior sgb used 100s n thousands of em they sold their patent on the readys sold off all and invested into the infamous cuplock,which I thought was I bad idea as readylock transom sales are through the roof with sales

The issue with Readylok has always been the lack of testing and proved data.
I believe SGB did eventually go through the process of testing Readylok but then scrapped the testing as they realised it would then compete with their pride and joy, Cuplok!

I have been advised that there are now criteria for the manufacture of TG20 compliant Readylok units which can only be a good thing going forward, not sure what it means for existing stocks though??

I've bought fitting from most supplies and give rotamead my vote 100% fitting are miles better than all the other suppliers!

Sgb did the mrk3 and also when I was working for them they used readylock such was a good system ! However sgb started to just use certain depots for band and plate .I think the last depot I worked for with band ,+ plate was bedfont up near Heathrow. PS Alan do you know Barry Snell ?

Sent from my Archos 80c Xenon using Tapatalk

sticky boultons all the way ! cut my teeth on these fantastic fittings

Mills Doubles Everytime For Me Folks, The Fact You Can Go Double On Double Seals The Deal Are Far As Im Concerned.

Top Bottom