Fittings

That's so true gerscaff
Double on double at the uprights with a transom strengthens the job no end !

Sent from my Archos 80c Xenon using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

PS anyone remember the old grayston u.b.m fittings ?

That's so true gerscaff
Double on double at the uprights with a transom strengthens the job no end !

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

PS anyone remember the old grayston u.b.m fittings ?

I do. Both the Big Ben/Ubm and Graystons Burton Mk 2 were cracking fittings and both were referred to as 'Little Giants' by the scaffs.
Notice all these brands of fittings were BRITISH made??? :D

HaHa too true john good fittings years ago now they are all cheap Chinese or Indian c*ap !

I am not too sure on that derryscaff mate ! ? ? ?

Interserve still use the Mills 90 and new ones are still being manufactured as well as the B+P but whether they have their own factory for making them or even if they are still made in GB I dont know.
Are Prescos a British make, I am not talking about the cheap imported copies from India but the stamped mccoy?

/

Presco are uk company but not sure if they outsource or manufacture here in uk.

The New Mills Doubles Are Made In China John, Although There Was Talk A Couple Of Years Ago About Them Being Manufactured In The Uk Again,

Bought some drop forged doubles from Trad a couple of years ago, when fastened pulls standard off plumb, cheap chinese rubbish.Some doubles need to be unscrewed fully for them to slide into gate,yet again cheap crap, some cross thread happily. The old British made fittings i have will out live me as they have out lived the old boys. HSE go on, and on, yet the main components we use everyday are poor standard (prefer to drop down a hanger knowing its British made!) Shame GREAT Britain doesnt manufacture like it once did.......

Do you know what sadact what you have said is so true,i could not agree with you more ! Well said mate .

Top Bottom