House bashing tips /advise/tricks (1 Viewer)

grafter

Reaction score
Just intrested to know any house bashing tips /advice haven't been on a site in years so just trying to see what's required nowadays if go back to it any advise

Yeh....winters coming so invest in a pair of toe cap whellies

No magic wand, just pure hard graft.

Chalk your lifts in, don't get your bubble out after the base. Once the brickies have over loaded it any minor discrepancy will go unnoticed.

Plenty of advice, always load out with labourer as it's double the time waiting for them to get it right, have yourself prepared to keep stop/ start jobs as site manager will always pull you off what you are doing to go and wipe the ass of all the other trades for something common sense could solve ( common sense is illegal on most sites) always keep lift heights 4 bricks down or you'll find yourself replacing board as brickies are ruthless and won't think twice about cutting a huge notch in your boards just to stick their profiles in, good housekeeping on site goes a long way to keeping hse happy when they turn up, keep all your handover sheets up to date as well, but most important thing to remember on any site is always make a friend of the forklift driver as he is your greatest asset when the pressures on, good luck

Best tip I can offer : find another job that ain't house bashing as to be honest, it's where you'll find all the ***** agents and other trades that have failed in larger construction jobs. As an experienced scaffolder, you'll just get pi55ed off dealing with the monkeys.

The forklift is your friend. Be nice, even if he's a c**t. Once you have him on side and he's doing your lifts before everyone elses your day will go smoother.

Take the forkie for breakfast every Friday. This will make your life so much easier.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

In my experience the brickies own the fork lift, they get service all the time and the rest of the trades have to wait there turn.

Top Bottom