Site work quickest methods for erecting (1 Viewer)

grafter

Reaction score
Site work best way to use marking stick and pinch rods is it best to just get stick mark lines for hand rail height and lift height and go bolt to bolt and put all doubles on first or just do ends of tubes then lift belly out in middles what's quickest

I put all doubles on. But work out which is best for you.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Top of double bolt to centre of lift bolt ,
And ever other standard that way you don't get a sag in your ledger

Any other tips for site work to make life easier

Just do the ends, then lift the sag as you fill in the middle. Can't be doing with height sticks or the like, but definitely buy a good impact wrench.

Yeah get a IW
marking off is quicker in my eyes
Finish as you go! Don't run all the ledgers then fall back and fill in
Oh and have a good lab

40 inch bit of baton side of double( hinge to hinge) every other standard Whoosh and away you go and yep agreed impact wrench all the way, ledgers not so much as you're relying on the last lift being straight and level and all depends on if you've done it yourself or another crew has run it in so for that basis I run levels round without marking sticks

Last edited:
Does anyone just pre fab a tranny anymore?

Impact wrench not just for speed but the amount of stress it takes off your body

Use a scaff staff and impact gun job done

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Scaff staff

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

iv found using an iw its quicker to mark all standards but only put the doubles on the ends of the ledgers bang the the face brace in and fix as you go through the lift no need to go back on yourself

Top Bottom