Scaffold inside a silo (1 Viewer)

So a good man and a young fool, awsome, you just keep on shining. Like an unpolished diamond. Your mother is proud I bet.

That's right iam a good man and you keep practicing your English with your interlectual sentences now hurry home young man start on your English immediately there's a good chap and listen this forum is for grown ups have you sent admin a note from your momma to say you are allowed on here

No, you are a bitter old man apparently, I actually cant see what I have done to upset you so much. You behave exactly as the old people did (and still do when new people start) when I started in this area some time ago, instead of helping each other you old bitter men feel a need to try to push people down, for what? Do you enjoy when people loath you? Do you feel that you are worth more when doing so?

I have never understood that part of the scaffolding job. You are building scaffolds, its not rocket science, most people now a days dont even do anything else but alu system scaffolds. And you go around like a freaking peacock. You are a scaffolder, its not impressive... Its hard work, hard as **** sometimes but its still just a job. I like it, it suits me but I don`t brag about it because its nothing to brag about. It is only a job, nothing harder then welding, piping, fixing cars or anything else.

Anyway, you aint pushing me anywhere. I know how good I am, you dont. I fully now that I am not in the A team, I can honestly say I have only meet 2-3 guys that I think would fit in the A team. But I am not new to this. I now my ****.

I am sorry for asking for new perspective on this forum. It wont happen again.

:laugh:
Just when I thought the forum was dead on its arse, a thread like this pops up, completely blindsiding me. Good work lads.

Look rb your getting annoyed because I found out by your thread's that your scaffolding experience is very limited what's the problem,your getting bullied aren't you because you don't know what your doing just run along and go build yourself a bulging crash base even though I don't know what you mean,and you have openly admitted in your last thread that you don't understand part of the scaffolding job,so let's look at some of your Imput to this forum in which I may add have only increased my perception of you being a total fool,
1/make the scaffold less good
2/erect a bulging crash base
3/you don't understand scaffolding jobs
4/you don't know how to price man hrs
5/you don't know how to build a silo scaffold,
here we have 5 good reasons why your as green as grass and as loose as your momma s kippers are sure your on the correct forum so I re iterate are you as good as you say are Mmmm man on beach with speedos an a ice cream in the middle of his forehead mumbling tunes comes to mind like I said this is a scaffolders forum not a machano forum now run along your stupidity is annoying

Not yet maximus but we have worked this out he's got to ship the gear to the job he's trying to reduce the price and materials but not by the clients request he's trying to use less materials to do the job he doesn't understand the terminology of clients design I think the best way he can sort this out is hire a trampoline or a bouncy castle

So have we worked out yet how to erect a silo scaffold with a half back full of kit ?

The only detail of the scaffold I am trying to change is the platform on the inside above the cone, where the scaffold needs to be enlarged to reach the walls. From the smaller scaffold to the edge of the silo is 3.5 meters.

I would like not to build a platform all around the inner of the silo only to support the scaffold that will be used to mount the silo parts above. This platform is where I would like to use less material then I right now have calculated. The rest of the scaffold is nothing to be done with.

I am also considering not building a tower in the middle of the silo. If I am allowed to use the holes where the bolts of the silo is mounted I do not need the middle tower, but instead I will need a extra elevator. This would greatly reduce the amount of material needed. But the engineers have not yet given me a respond to that.

Could you not do something with beams to get your platform? I did a job a few years back in a water tower in a reservoir, surrounded by water. We took an independent up through the centre of the tower and shot out with beams in four directions and dropped a hangar down the four sides of the water tower for masonry repairs. I posted picture on here I think.
If its within the silo then it's just a matter of butting off all sides surely?

Did he not say earlier that he couldn't get beams in?

I´m sorry, I think I am messing up the translation. I have a way to build the platform, that is not a problem for me. I would like to do something else then a platform to save material.

One thing I am think about is to make two circles of pipes that fit on two different levels of the cone, the distance between them matching the scaffolds width. The circle of pipes would be made in 3 meters sections and connected with diagonal pipes with welded clams on. Might weld small plates on them to land the scaffold feets on. Easier to put together and lift in place then building the whole base outside and lifting in. Also reusable if more silos are to be built

Beams I can get in, but I cant get them trough walls of the silo, I might have misunderstood the beam question before. I was thinking of beams that go straight trough the silo, as when we build boilers och furnaces on for example paper mills.

Remember if they are putting roof on it can't be craned out

Sounds like a c@nt of a job whatever way you come up with.
Good luck!;)

Yes the roof is gonna be a bitch when it goes on. Will need quite a lot of people when dismantling the scaffold. But we are used to it, we do that kind of thing every year.

Thank you Stonedrose.

Can you not get gear out before roof goes on.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Sounds like a kunts doing the job

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

So why are you not listening to what I told you these jobs are made to make money because it cost a lot of money to scaffold lots of labour and materials stop pussy footing about banged a ridiculous price in and if he is not happy tough now get on with it if you loose the crane straight away you have increased men and hrs and by judging how far away the job is is there additional costs of lodging allowances for men if the roof goes on straight away you have restricted access and 8f iam correct all the welds are internal to protect them from the weather so the scaffolding is going to be the last thing out told you in a previous thread didn't I there's lots of work in these Your saving is on the external if you have machanical means to reduce manual handling end of

No, the roof will have to be mounted before scaffold is taken down.

I am not listening to you because you behave like a ****.

There is no welding work that will be done on this silo as I said in a previous post.

Your not telling me anything I did not know already. If you with "saving is on the external" is talking about the scaffold outside, there is no saving to be done. I have already calculated the price is based on that the crane is used when we have need for it. It is also written in the contract. If we do not get accesses to the crane as per the contract we will charge extra for the time we are without crane.

And now I read your post again and understood that you were not talking about the scaffold outside.

The costumer will arrange for lodgings, Trip cost and also the "trakt" I dont know what you call it, but its a small extra payment per day for covering extra living expenses when away on work.

Anyway, if I can figure out a better way to build the platform then Ill be happy, and also my team. That is good enough for me. If I can decrease my price and still keep the profit % that would be good also.

Optimizing a scaffold is fun, building without thinking is boring. I have built the same scaffold the last three years, a total of 6 times now, and heading for number 7 right now. And I still make improvements on it each time we build it. Improving the way build process, Improving the working area, introducing new items we didn´t have the year before and so on. No big changes anymore but even small improvements are nice.

Hope it works out for you.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

So what are you saying then it's took you six attempts to keep improving the scaffolds over a period of 3 years ? Do you actually know how much of a bellend your making yourself sound your own threads are tripping g yourself up and making you sound stupid nobody else

Top Bottom