Advice & Truck sale (1 Viewer)

Pokerface

Reaction score
Hi Scaffs

Just upgraded our 26 tonne Merc truck with newer version this one has a crane
What length of chain slings would be best for unloading pallets of Cuplock system scaffolding & 13ft boards

Also if anyone is intrested in our old 2002 reg 26 tonne Merc flat bed with 11months test give me a call on 07788923752

We use 5m slings and they do the job but a couple of 3m would also be handy if you have height restrictions when loading etc. keep meaning to get the shorter slings but the 5m work grand most of the time

I did see a builders merchant deliver to a site and they had forks at end of crane attached like a block grab. I think they were the same used with tower cranes but it was so easy to unload truck. No need to attach slings. Might be more expensive crane but could save in long run. Worth looking at

I did see a builders merchant deliver to a site and they had forks at end of crane attached like a block grab. I think they were the same used with tower cranes but it was so easy to unload truck. No need to attach slings. Might be more expensive crane but could save in long run. Worth looking at

Would they be suitable for stillages as it would be metal against metal ,
I always see them unloading bricks :unsure:

We regularly use them on a few sites with tower cranes and never had any issues with the stillages but you couldn't lift 21 with them. Our lorry crane probably too old now but when we replace it I will be looking for forks on crane

Use chains that u can adjust to all lengths job done

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2M 3 ton brothers should do it.

Top Bottom