North Sea oil workers set to strike in row over job losses and massive pay cuts (1 Viewer)

Took long enough, everyone should of been bothered when this started and the ad hoc lads were getting turned over instead of the I'm alright jack mentality.

yes garry some good men got blacklisted that yr

aye, a lot of good Men took the hit…we occupied the TLP…the Bears were dancing on the helideck with Scaffolding Tubes repelling boarders ( security )…

This recent round of action is well justified…should have hit the cobbles years ago…kept pase with out Norge Friends...

Would be good to hear from any of our scaffolders out on the Brents
/Gannet platform
/Nelson platform
/ Shearwater Platform
/Curlew FPSO
Woodgroup employees only.
Have taken the step to move forward
If no one who is out there are not prepared to back Woodgroup construction we will still be in the same place
One last point to all our viewers out there ,who tune in to this great web site
Are you prepared to walk over an official picket line at the Broomfield house ABZ airport and Bristow heliport Tuesday the 26th

If you do and check inn then hang your head in shame
As these bears are the last line of defence that will take the step up to the plate .

to save and try to improve the deterioration of the conditions the offshore workforce have experienced in the last 12 moths
Up the workers and stop taken bull ***** from these Gansters oil cartel
Ps I will be in the Official picket line with RMT offshore branch and will name and shame any one i know walking through these picket lines
so be warned :::::
Wabash Livesssssssssss

---------- Post added 22nd July 2016 at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was 21st July 2016 at 11:36 PM ----------

Norwegian oil workers have declared their support of a UK North Sea strike.

Norway’s biggest union Industri Energi pledged its “100% support” for the move to down tools on several of Shell’s assets.

North Sea workers, contracted to Wood Group, voted to strike on July 26 – in protest to pay cuts and changes in their allowances.

Unite official, John Boland said: “This show of solidarity from representatives of oil workers in Norway gives our members enormous strength in the knowledge that their decision to take strike action in order to defend their pay, terms and conditions, is the right one.

“The decision to take strike action is not one taken lightly, and Unite members will be heartened by this message of support and solidarity shown by their brothers and sisters in Norway.

“Unite is working in cooperation with international unions across this region of the North Sea to defend the jobs of oil and gas workers and the future of this vital industry.”

Wood Group have previously said they “extremely disappointed” in the move to vote’s outcome.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

RMT union workers have voted in support of strike action in the North Sea.

Initial results from a ballot of its workers showed overwhelming support for strike action on Shell’s North Sea assets.

Votes cast also show members would support a move for action short of a strike in equal measure.

The votes will now be collected together with the ballot taken later today of Unite members.
RELATED ARTICLES
Updated: Unite votes yes for North Sea strike action on Shell assets
Shell North Sea strike: What we know so far
Unions vote for North Sea strike action: What we know so far
RECOMMENDED ARTICLES
Unions to press ahead with North Sea strikes
Video: Nexen to shed 350 jobs after fatal explosion
Shell gears up for North Sea strike with week-on-week contracts

It will then be decided what course of action to Take

More than 200 workers across both unions have been balloted over strike action.

Unions had decided to ballot their members in May after initial talks regarding 30% pay cuts to eight of Shell’s North Sea platforms – the Shearwater, Gannet, Nelson, Curlew, Brent Delta, Brent Alpha, Brent Bravo and Brent Charlie.

A spokesman for Shell said:“We are monitoring the situation and hope that Wood Group’s employees and management can resolve their issues.

“The safety of our people and assets will not be compromised as we implement efficiency measures, in common with the entire North Sea oil and gas industry, to ensure we can be competitive in a lower for longer oil price environment.”

Wood Group and unions had been in talks again last week ahead of the ballot result.

The results broke down with Unite accusing the company of refusing “to move on any of the major issues” and seemed “determined” to force the issue into an industrial dispute.

The claim was disputed by a spokeswoman for Wood Group who said its “strongly” refuted the allegation made.

It said the company had met with unions 11 times and also with shop stewards.

Senior management is also said to have visited all the platforms to engage with the workforce.

Last year, disputes around unilateral changes to staff rotas, rate of pay, sick pay and holiday pay proposed by the Offshore Contractors’ Association which employs thousands of offshore workers forced a ballot.

Personally i really think there will not be many people striking.

There are too many spinless individuals, mortgaged to the hilts who can not afford to.
A lot of it is tea shack warriors, fight the world in there but in reality run and leave it top someone else.
This is way way too late for a strike to occur. I wish the lads all the luck and hope they over turn the B@5tards. I left the North Sea just after christmas as we went to OCA rates and 3 x 3 rotaion. Theoretically working your third week for next to nowt.
My choice, Yes, but then it was a case of shut up or move on.

As I say, just my opinion........

It has taken this amount of time to get Unite to aggre that they did not move last year
They are now part of the offshore union consortium
It's never too late to challenge these oil gangsters
Last year you would have been in the unofficial sit inn category
This is an official recognise strike
So move forward or we will be in the same place
Ps would you check inn on the 26th
This message is for all the viewers
Not that lads that have decorm to post some sulouations
Wabash Livesssss

I only checked out 23rd. Lol

As I said that's my opinion.

Of course I would not cross and would stand by all if I were to be checking in. Goes without saying. Hope it does turn around for the sake of all.

OiLScaff i will call you tomorrow im just back on tera firma and was just discussing the very situation offshore.
Me personally i would never cross a pickett line official or unofficial the Fact that you are manning the pickett speaks volumes for you but i know you and would expect nothing less
the norwegians never took a hit why should we;)

Top Bottom