New scaffolding centre takes shape in Aberdeen (1 Viewer)

It's only as good as the management team and instructors they put in it. Be a great place for AOM in his harness and Kilt.
The big question is will it just be the same as the rest or will they cater for the offshore market and if this happens what qualifications will these fall under. NVQ scaffolder offshore does exist.

Looks like their already doomed to repeat the mistakes of the passed. :sad2:

Starting in September
Part 1 only dates till they build up there competency profile
still looking for Instructors ,
Tommy Buck is in Renfrew getting his induction training,
Gary this could be for you in the winter months ,warm shed

Howz it hinging Old Scaff…

Aye, a feckin long time coming right enough…I had a meeting with Mr M in Aberdeen, just after CISRS opened their Cape East Training Centre,( so about circa 16 years ago ish ) point of discussion was to open an Offshore Academy, I even took him up to ASET the very place the very place they are opening up…unfortunately, Treasury funding was with drawn when Brown came to power and the Academy was left out to dry…

The Academy was to introduce Offshore Structures to Scaffolders who were Green Hands to the Oil and Gas Industry, however, Brown said that the Industry can fund it, hence, we got Service Companies Training there Scaffolders, each Service Company having their own Programs…not to deviate, however, that is why the Service Coz are now talking to start a generic Training Program citing economics and streamlining…

Will CITB/CISRS play it safe and stay with the statues quo of Courses or will it brake the mild and offer bolt-on Training in the more complex Structures commonly found within the Power Generating Industries…

Aye, Old Scaff, after 44 years before the mast a nice warm shed would be barry for the Winter…however, I welcome my fellow Scaff from the West with open arms…

CITB did offer me a start in London but I didni fancy the relocate and a couple of offers back in KSA but couldni be arsed…27/28 ths ;)

Top Bottom