2 day advanced assessment question. (1 Viewer)

scaffbhoy

Reaction score
I'm due to go back to do the 2 day assessment for my advanced ticket soon and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the course entails.
Is there another test to be taken at the end of it and is it worthwhile revising up on all the regs. from the 2 week course i've already taken.
Cheers.

as far as i can remember your given two drawings for jobs to erect usually 13ft x 10ft hanger & a temporary roof, assessment content maybe different in other locations though

Cheers for that,i reckon your right in that each region seems to have a different itinerary.
A couple of mates took theirs in Wales and they done a lot less during their course than i did in Birmingham.

Whilst most places choose to use the small hangar and temporary roof, it doesn't need to be. It very much depends on what evidence you have produced and even what qualification you are registered for. The end result may be the same, but there are a number of routes you can take.

Cheers for the help fellas,i completed the course today and just for others that might ask a similar question.
We worked in 3 gangs of 2 and erected the pedestrian ramp and the dead shore,there was no further test involving the regs. or anything although we did cover the new SG 4:15.
This was at the Midlands college and i would say that due to the extreme heat inside the rig, this was probably the reason we erected nothing too strenous[than fuc].:D

Tough conditions to be working inside these sheds which turn in to an oven in At this time of year. I think there is a maximum temperature for doing this type of work, somewhere around 70 degrees rings a bell.

To be fair to the assessors they allowed us to stop for drink and smoke breaks whenever we wanted to,but scaffs being scaffs i think we all just wanted to get the jobs up and down and get out of there asap.
The temperature in the area on the tuesday was reading 37 in my van,so i would guess we were close to that in the rig,and with around 30 scaffs going at it hammer and tongs it was pretty airless in there even with the doors open and the fan in the roof on.

Top Bottom