Makita Impact wrench (1 Viewer)

Theres a newer verstion of the btw251 just been released - the Dtw190z & although u cant change the torque settings on it, it does however have a brushless motor & tbh for only£69 for a bare unit is a right bargin

Last edited:
Theres a newer verstion of the btw251 just been released - the Dtw251z & although u can change the torque settings on it, it does however have a brushless motor & tbh for only£69 for a bare unit is a right bargin
Thanks so would this model be decent for scaffolding , I already have the charger and batteries so just need the unit

I bought 6 last wk end for the lads & theyre fine - the funny thing is that yhe picture on the box actually shows it doing ip a scaff fittings lol - the shop is local to me so easy to.pick em up but just google Aldermaston tools as they also ship

Hi SP what kind of m2 are you erecting on average using IW

We dont work Msq but linear & depends on the jobs tbh its not jus5 about how much they speed things up but also the ease of it all in general u can do 3 x fittings to someone on a spanner

Theres a newer verstion of the btw251 just been released - the Dtw251z & although u can change the torque settings on it, it does however have a brushless motor & tbh for only£69 for a bare unit is a right bargin

Its the 281 that's brushless the 251z is old spec

Its the 281 that's brushless the 251z is old spec

The dtw251z is the upgrade from the original btw251 & the only difference from the 281 is you cant change the torque settings but both are brushless

The dtw251z is the upgrade from the original btw251 & the only difference from the 281 is you cant change the torque settings but both are brushless

251z is not brushless I had one of those over 2 years ago check this link for the spec
Makita UK it has a 4 pole motor which uses brushes

Last edited:
Guy in the shop told me the 251z had brushes the 281 is brushless

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Hey AL. I thought you wanted them banned a year or so back? You are now a convert dude? lol...
Iv been putting it off for ages, got sick of idiots keeping up with me ha

Been using the Keider unit. Seem good stuff charger,two 18 volt batteries and unit for £180 if my memory serve me correct, been using past two months and ita not missed a beat plus it's brushless and does 430kn of torque

Hi SP what kind of m2 are you erecting on average using IW

Derry SP introduced me to the Makita and after 35 years on the tools they give me a whole new lease of life regards the aching wrists and shoulders ,
I can honestly say they have knocked 10 years of my aching body , and I also acquired a few very good used units this year which have been put to great use as Iam trying to merge the lads over ,
Mind you a couple of them can't use a bloody spanner always :laugh::laugh:

Hi phil how are things? we are now mainly system but a number of jobs recently would have been better with tube but it's speed that puts us to system. I was just wondering if the IW could make big difference to make tube as competitive especially as most the boys at min are system men

My system experience is very limited mate ,
Only used kwik firm and cup lock
But tube and fitting Iam and have always been good with in day our target was a minimum of 18-20 square 2 handed on street work which is around 162-180 square meters a day .
These days is more like 12 square or 108 on a spanner but on the IW I can do 108 plus and go home pain free

Sorry typo - dtw190z lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-12-00-53-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-12-00-53-28.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 50
Where can you buy them for 69

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Theres a newer verstion of the btw251 just been released - the Dtw190z & although u cant change the torque settings on it, it does however have a brushless motor & tbh for only£69 for a bare unit is a right bargin
Where can you buy them for 69

Top Bottom