SIGN the PETITION GUYS (1 Viewer)

the petition should be for the industry to acknowledge additional training providers that would open things up for healthy business and principles

You mean like the deal between the CITB and the new private provider up in Aberdeen.

charge what they like as long as CITB don't have to get their hands dirty and still pick up loads of money ???

In my opinion it is actually a good idea. I haven't worked in the UK for years and accept that there are a lot of changes in the industry that I only find out about by this forum. Although still in the scaffolding industry in other countries a lot changes in the UK.
I would suggest instead of more expensive courses that Dave Mosley and his cohorts send out any industry changes, improvements and updates free of charge to all UK registered scaffolders and this course should only apply to those who have been out of the industry for several years or those who have been working overseas continually like myself.
Come on Dave we know you read these threads. Show some solidarity with the hard working guys who keep you in your comfortable job. Or get some of these training centres you helped set up with lucrative contracts in the rest of the world to put their hands in their deep pockets and lay the training on for free.

Well said Havespanner. Always thought it would be easy to send a small book of updates every year or 2, so the lads are kept up to date. In theory very little changes have been made to scaffold basics, to me it really is nothing but a moneymaker. (Had a chap from a training centre phone and asked if any of the lads want to do any courses i said no, and moaned about the CPD idea. He said there has been a lot of uproar from the scaffs BUT it is good for the training centre as they will do very well out of it! Also, the CPD course starts June 2017, cards can be renewed 6 months before their expiry date.

When you teach diving for PADI they just send you out a quarterly email with and updates or changes in regulations or rules ,
You don't have to go and spend days in a classroom to be kept up to date of any rules and regulation changes .
Same old story in this game screw the scaffolders for every ounce of blood you can get

Signed. Scaffold companies do have a rough time paying for what not. But every Company I've worked for I've yet to see the owner without multiple houses nice cars and long holidays. And each one ALWAYS claimed poverty. It should be there duty to keep employees up to date with cards and courses. We are not self employed, and can't claim against our tax for tools courses fuel etc....like companies. What next paying for our own PPE.

I signed three weeks ago . Again it's not on here

HSWT think Mr mosley stopped coming on here after someone ( can't remember who) threatened to put the pictures up of him with the Malaysian hookers) . Not sure how true the story is utterly each to their own.

Signed. Scaffold companies do have a rough time paying for what not. But every Company I've worked for I've yet to see the owner without multiple houses nice cars and long holidays. And each one ALWAYS claimed poverty. It should be there duty to keep employees up to date with cards and courses. We are not self employed, and can't claim against our tax for tools courses fuel etc....like companies. What next paying for our own PPE.

You don't need to be self employed to claim back expenses against your tax.

HSWT think Mr mosley stopped coming on here after someone ( can't remember who) threatened to put the pictures up of him with the Malaysian hookers) . Not sure how true the story is utterly each to their own.

I expect he has one of his sponsors from the independent training centres report all activity on the forum DS.

I didn't even know Malaysia played rugby

Top Bottom