SIGN the PETITION GUYS (1 Viewer)

this course is sh.t,i wont be paying anymore money out cos these cu.nts want to change the rules and regs,30yrs I"ve been scaffolding now and my part 1 part 2 Advanced,inspectors and supervisors courses are all I am paying for and that's fu.kin. it

so fu.k this CPD course and the guys who was in the making of it.

this course is sh.t,i wont be paying anymore money out cos these cu.nts want to change the rules and regs,30yrs I"ve been scaffolding now and my part 1 part 2 Advanced,inspectors and supervisors courses are all I am paying for and that's fu.kin. it

so fu.k this CPD course and the guys who was in the making of it.
My exact thoughts. Enough is enough. We need every scaff possible to sign this.
If its a compulsory course then it should be free. Or better still scrap the whole thing all together. I refuse to go back to school after 38 years on the spanner just to keep some fat b&stard in a NASC office in comfort while scaffs have to pay yet more money out just to earn a crust! :mad:

Scaffolders

WE now need to realise that with the over use of Agencies by Scaffold companies we are now working in the sector of "zero hour contracts". Every industry we are employed in are going down this road. The refineries are now using agency workers, as are factories etc. No security at all !

Because of our beloved companies going down this road, is the reason why CISRS/NASC are implementing this new course. Do not take my word for it , this is from an HSE employee who stated quite clearly ;
" Scaffold companies are failing in there rudimentary duty of providing staff with full inductions where new HSE policies would be explained, new NASC recommendations would be covered and are also failing in there duty of providing compliant PPE to all there workers."

SCAFFOLD COMPANIES ARE SAVING MONEY AND PAYING A PITTANCE BY NOT HAVING TO PUT US THROUGH FULL INDUCTIONS AND SUPPLYING FULL SAFETY PPE. THEY ALSO TREAT/WANT A TEMPRARY WORKFORCE (ZERO HOURS) WHERE THEY USE US LIKE PROSTITUTES. ie, ONLY WHEN THEY NEED US ?

This IS THE REASON our companies are using agencies guys and THIS IS THE REASON CISRS have had to implement this course.

EVERY scaffold company and agency should be made, by LAW to trade test all employees before work commences and during this trade test, all new HSE procedures and ALL new NASC regulations be passed to the guys passing the trade test.

Scaffold companies are getting away scot free by paying us a pittance and claiming poverty (F--k--G ********). Out of every trade in this Island, we pay for more courses ourselves, in our own time, than every other trade put together.

If we get ENOUGH signatures this petition can be handed into NUMBER 10 DOWNING STREET. I would love to see the look on these smart ar=sed scaffold company owners faces. They have systematically brought our industry into the gutter because of there greed, time to say ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree with you Harvey on the courses being made as a money spinner,
Why don't you look at how to run a scaffold company, spend a lot of money buying scaffold equipment to be left all over other peoples properties at your risk and buy some wagons that need maintaining constantly, fuel , fleet insurance, public liability , employers liability , yard rent , etc go out and price a few jobs get hammered down off the customers who want everything for free pay out most of the job in wages , have a few sleepless nights thinking about it all. then you can sit there with your smart ar+sed scaffold company owners face aswell and be blamed for how our industry is,

You do not know what positions I have had and how long I have been in this game for, so lets just say in 30 years I have seen, been and done it. At home in UK and abroad, although I do not profess to know it all, no-one does.

I do not think this course is just a money spinner Dandaps, I think it is actually needed. When I say "needed" I say this because our industry is diluted with people holding cards who should not be wearing a set of spanners ! if only this course could guarantee that they would fail these people then most guys would be happy.

It is also needed because "companies" have FAILED to provide the training and guidance to there men in regard to the changes in HSE policy and NASC regulations, which is your LEGAL DUTY, HAVE YOU FORGOT THAT ?. By using AGENCIES you think that makes it OK ? far from it my friend.

If companies cannot afford these rudimentary principles they should NOT BE OPERATING as scaffold companies.

AND THIS GOES TO ALL COWBOY COMPANIES, you have all came into this game knowing what the basics are, and when I say our industry is diluted with unsafe and unskilled scaff's, it is also diluted with cowboy companies. Far to many of you haven't got a clue and get the good companies a bad name.

When we get enough signatories to the petition , HSE and NASC will be getting a rude awakening also for allowing it to get this far.

I WOULD URGE EVERY SCAFF TO PUT THE PETITION ON THERE FACEBOOK PAGE, LINKEDIN PAGE EVERY PAGE ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

Last edited:
You do not know what positions I have had and how long I have been in this game for, so lets just say in 30 years I have seen, been and done it. At home in UK and abroad, although I do not profess to know it all, no-one does.

I do not think this course is just a money spinner Dandaps, I think it is actually needed. When I say "needed" I say this because our industry is diluted with people holding cards who should not be wearing a set of spanners ! if only this course could guarantee that they would fail these people then most guys would be happy.

It is also needed because "companies" have FAILED to provide the training and guidance to there men in regard to the changes in HSE policy and NASC regulations, which is your LEGAL DUTY, HAVE YOU FORGOT THAT ?. By using AGENCIES you think that makes it OK ? far from it my friend.

If companies cannot afford these rudimentary principles they should NOT BE OPERATING as scaffold companies.

AND THIS GOES TO ALL COWBOY COMPANIES, you have all came into this game knowing what the basics are, and when I say our industry is diluted with unsafe and unskilled scaff's, it is also diluted with cowboy companies. Far to many of you haven't got a clue and get the good companies a bad name.

When we get enough signatories to the petition , HSE and NASC will be getting a rude awakening also for allowing it to get this far.

I WOULD URGE EVERY SCAFF TO PUT THE PETITION ON THERE FACEBOOK PAGE, LINKEDIN PAGE EVERY PAGE ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

And likewise Harvey you do not know my position either and I have seen a lot also. You should treat every company different as if meeting a new person, By stating COWBOY companies could you explain ? Is this classed as a one scaff and a labourer outfit ? I have seen decent work from that type of outfit and have seen bad work also. I have seen decent work from middle sized firms and I have seen bad work also, I have also seen large firms do decent work at a very slow pace and wondered how they manage to make it pay? and by stating IT IS MY LEGAL DUTY TO PROVIDE TRAINING OR HAVE I FORGOT THAT ? my answer would be no I have not forgotten because it was only last week I had to put two men through a cots course at a cost of £260.00 and one of these men had just come from a different company where he had been working for the past 5 years,

Harvey I know where your coming from m8,but I am not forking out anymore cast for course, i"ve done and sent enough. And why should the rest of other scafs as well, like you we have earned our strips charge the companies, its just another money spinner like our cards are as well.

steveroberts50,
I agree 100%, its the companies that must pay, and the easy way is to make them give you a full safety induction which covers all these new and updated regulations before you start work, and supply you with FULL SAFETY PPE, this is a legal requirement. This is nothing new guys, they are in breech of The Health and Safety at Work act, and they know this, that is why they use agencies lol.

I have never known an agency put any scaffolder through any course ?

Whoever started the petition will decide when we have enough signatories to it, then we can get a letter drafted and each and every scaffolder can print it out and hand it to there MP.

We have just under a year to see this through guys.

Last edited:
I am not criticising all scaffold companies here, only the cowboy outfits and the companies who do not give there men proper safety inductions and safety PPE and use Agency staff on zero contracts. To add also, I have worked with part 1s who are far better than some Advanced, I have had Labourers who know as much if not more than supervisors.
It 100% comes back to the companies, it is THERE failure here that has brought this about, NO-ONE ELSE.

TEESSIDE

How many scaffolders , roughly do you think we have in this country ?

Top Bottom