Pricing crash deck/dance mat (1 Viewer)

sadact

Reaction score
I have been asked for a price for 20x30metre crash deck. 1 lift? Any ideas? Thanks.

What's it for?

You could just price it on time and materials.

Its a matting for a marquee for a party!

Thanks for your help fellas. Enjoy your day :)

with a 5kn/m2 loading I got to 9k as well, but a dance floor, that's 7.5Kn/m2 and its going to need a design + your insurers wont be happy
wheres the job near?

A complete pain in the ********. I would need much more info before pricing that. The loads could be huge?

Looks like a non goer. It was a job on a private estate!

I have been asked for a price for 20x30metre crash deck. 1 lift? Any ideas? Thanks.

"Crash Deck" one of the most miss used open ended phrases ever applied incorrectley to any scaffold. (a term which should never be used)

If you have a public access platform you would normally be looking at 4-5kN/mSq thus you could be looking at a 1m x 1.2m grid, as you are only one lift high but do not state how high the lift would be I would guess you would need a couple of access stairs also.
Again if its for public use you may find you need to ply the deck?
You may also need to reinforce you edge protection?

For pricing puroposes in labour a 1m lift is much the same content as a 2m lift however if you have a (random ht for example) 750mm deck level you may find yourself cutting 500 plus standards.

a bit more to consider other than a cubic m price I would guess?

I too have always tried to avoid the use of the phrase 'crash deck' as by implication it is inciting other less professional operatives to be unsafe in their working practice.

A lot of builders call bird cages crash decks ,
I have come to think of crash decks as protection to someone cutting a hole in a floor to stop them falling through the hole ,
And even then you have to be careful because they don't tend to clear the concrete as they go plus you can end up with the jack hammer actually vibrating on the boards ,
Always heavy heavy duty with lots of standards and braces

A lot of builders call bird cages crash decks ,
I have come to think of crash decks as protection to someone cutting a hole in a floor to stop them falling through the hole ,
And even then you have to be careful because they don't tend to clear the concrete as they go plus you can end up with the jack hammer actually vibrating on the boards ,
Always heavy heavy duty with lots of standards and braces

I first hear the phrase 'crash deck' used in the 80's referring (wrongly) to the freestanding fans erected below travelling cradles as protection to people in the street and for landing the cradles on. As time went on the term became used to refer to any structure erected to prevent falling objects reaching operatives working below. No one ever gave any indication of the dynamics of objects that may come down but the said crash deck was expected to withstand any impact. At least with today's H&S regime it is incumbent on the individual operative to prevent items to fall in the first instance thereby lessening the need for such protection.

Last edited:
Top Bottom