unpaid wages advice (4 Viewers)

Kid from donny

Reaction score
The things we do to pay the bills then we get **** on by shithouse bent firms,i've recently finished with an outfit handed in my statutary weeks notice then within an hour of me doing that I had a gaffer outside my house demanding the van keys and that there was somebody on the way to pick up the company van his reasons were that there was no work for me the following week however the site I was on was booming and had work booked in for weeks, up until this id been working for them full time 5-6 days a week for 18 months over,its there way of bullying stay at home without any money, I didn't get my weeks notice pay

I'm not sure but think he is within his rights to let you go once you told him you were going. The weeks notice is to suit him to give him a chance to get replacement. It would be different if he was letting you go he would have to give you notice or pay

Not if they are following current UK employment law. You'll win a tribunal eventually, but it will be a pain. Good luck.

don't know whether it be worth paying for tribunal or not,, that's a cost on its own I would imagine

blokes a cnut mate after 4 weeks you and employer must give a weeks notice of leave you have done that and hes chucked his dummy treat it as a learning curve.If you are in a union give a bell and let them sort it i would not bother with a tribunal though you would win your case because of the expense for one weeks money,hope this helps

for tribunal think its £160 then a further £200+ if it goes to an hearing

As I wrote the first comment, I kind of thought in the back of my mind that they did in fact, change things fairly recently to include a charge as you say. That charge was designed to reduce the number of ridiculous claims being brought against an employer, not for genuine cases such as the one that you describe.
I would at least speak to citizens advice to hear their take on it.

You Should Speak To Your Union About This (Not Only Because Its Tantamount To Theft But Because It Breaks Employment Law) Mind You Under This Trashy Tory Govt There Is Probably No Such Thing Anymore Best Of Luck Anyway And A Visit To Cab Wont Cost Anything

probably one or two on here had an encounter with them in the past.. its BURFLEX scafffoldng and they think there above the law

Pretty sure if they don't want you to, you don't have to work the notice, but they must still pay you. Citizens advice is your best course of action, take your contract and any other useful details down with you.

As paye check ur contract & terms & conditions but tbh think you'll find legally your entitled to it - unless your on a zero hour contract

Top Bottom