Metric (1 Viewer)

I've always used imperial Derry being an old git so it wont make any difference to me. Confused enough when I found out after all these years a 13' board was actually 12'10":nuts: As for the metric version for that...:confused::confused:

When my kid brother started to scaffold i told him to go 35 from inside of ledger to centre of ledger. I turned round to see he had gone 35cm. I forgot to say inches. He only done metric at school

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I've always used imperial Derry being an old git so it wont make any difference to me. Confused enough when I found out after all these years a 13' board was actually 12'10":nuts: As for the metric version for that...:confused::confused:

John it was 13ft boards a few years back (And 16ft) then someone decided 3.9m was a good size to have therefore saving 2 inches per board and knocking them out for the same price.
I can remember how annoying it was boarding lifts with some boards at 13' and some at 12'10" fecking trannies everywhere.

It has taken me years to almost convert to metric and I do find it a much easier measurement .
It just makes so much more sense to work in units of tens ,
Even if I still shout for a "long-un "

John it was 13ft boards a few years back (And 16ft) then someone decided 3.9m was a good size to have therefore saving 2 inches per board and knocking them out for the same price.
I can remember how annoying it was boarding lifts with some boards at 13' and some at 12'10" fecking trannies everywhere.
Never even noticed the change over Swifty. When was that? I only took notice when I measured 6'6" to cut a few boards in half and I thought I was going f..kin doolally! :nuts::nuts:

You think that metric/imperial is a problem you see how all these youngsters try to get their heads round Pounds, shillings and pence.

Getting to the crux of the key issues in light of the referendum result I see?
'Can I order a lb of mince again?'
'Yes you can, you always could.'
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.:nuts::weird::eek:

Nobody is ever going to ask for a 2.5m tube for a ledger brace though, no matter what way it goes on.:eek:

I went fishing today and caught a few trout ,
And I was over the moon to fill in my return as 1.5lb pounds instead of .75 kilos

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

You think that metric/imperial is a problem you see how all these youngsters try to get their heads round Pounds, shillings and pence.

That's because most young uns are 2 Bob mate :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom