pricing meters (1 Viewer)

scaffman21

Reaction score
met a guy today and he said he wants a standard nationwide meteridge price well is there a standard metering price or do i just stick to what we charge?

no silly comments please

Unless you have nationwide coverage it's going to cost you travelling so be carefully with standard nationwide prices as you will be either to high locally or too low for distance work

The guy sounds like a useless bellend. FAAAAARRRRRR to many variables to give someone something like that!! i'd leave it be mate. " there may be trouble ahead"

Some companies like to deal solely with one contractor put your price in as you would with your additional travel allowance and lodge per man he will soon change his mind unless ge can book against his customers which I doubt

Some companies do, especially for things like line crossings or other utilities.

In past times companies like The old SGB, GKN, Palmers etc who had a network of branches throughout the country could do this for large building concerns. Today however unless you have that sort of coverage you will be taken for a ride.
Could you make money on an 8 Sq metre independent erected to say a crofters cottage 110 miles from your yard? When you start thinking of the clauses and exclusions needed to protect your profit, unless you are guaranteed a high annual turnover It probably isn't worth the time.

In past times companies like The old SGB, GKN, Palmers etc who had a network of branches throughout the country could do this for large building concerns. Today however unless you have that sort of coverage you will be taken for a ride.
Could you make money on an 8 Sq metre independent erected to say a crofters cottage 110 miles from your yard? When you start thinking of the clauses and exclusions needed to protect your profit, unless you are guaranteed a high annual turnover It probably isn't worth the time.

Well stated Doug

Top Bottom