The Proposed CISRS Card Renewal Scheme! (1 Viewer)

All very good until you find out a certain training in the North East that has a big connection with a high profile CISRS Director was still teaching to B'S standards 2 years after TG guidance in :). How do I know this you may ask , I know an instructor there at the time and I know the actual instructor who pointed out their errors.

So was everyone in the UK, nobody could get TG:20:05 to work, hence all the updates and the eventual second attempt in 08.

If this was made to be an employers responsability it would maybe weed out the shocking agencies exploiting people at the moment, off course that will never happen, it`s a lot easier to fleece the ordinary grafter.

your so right fleece joe blogs again where does it end what about all the other trades?? just us again guinea pigs as usual

All very good until you find out a certain training in the North East that has a big connection with a high profile CISRS Director was still teaching to B'S standards 2 years after TG guidance in :). How do I know this you may ask , I know an instructor there at the time and I know the actual instructor who pointed out their errors.
Are you suggesting there maybe a conflict of interests between CISRS and some private training providers!!

Take a look at CISRS website and their promotional videos or perhaps CISRS website and their Overseas operations

It's OUR industry and certain individuals are creaming it at your expense?

No what im saying is when another private firm gets the go ahead to do the training because citb and cisrs cant keep up with the demand they have inflicted upon us for us to keep working we have to go to it we have no choice so the price is the price there is no haggling no direct competition everything goes through citb and cisrs all the construction firms wont recognise any other card now thats a fact (monopolies commision here i come)

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Honestly come the revolution i know who is first to get put up against the wall (sorry only after health and safety officers) lol

If this was made to be an employers responsability it would maybe weed out the shocking agencies exploiting people at the moment, off course that will never happen, it`s a lot easier to fleece the ordinary grafter.

To be honest, in my opinion It is the employers responsibility, it's up to them to make sure you are trained and are kept up to date with the relevant information and changes in legislation and guidance (eg CDMs, RIDDOR, SG4 etc.....)

Unfortunately not all employers do and this is where the conflict starts.......

Thing is tom not all scaffs are employees - there are still many who prefer to be self employed - if you look at the proposed course details with the exception of the many qualified scaffs that have the NVQ2/3 & as s7ch are allready trained to their required standard- then a large portion is not relevent to the average scaffolder but more for supervisors or management & like i said in another post what is relevent (TG & SG changes ) could be introduced to us via a simple inclusion of a new scaffolders section into the h&s touchscreen test - its hard to beleave simians spin that its not about the traing centres making money - when of course thats what it all about

Good point about the self employed, and I agree that scaffs come and go but in the eyes of the HSE an employer is supposed to treat self employed as employed whilst working for them, so this is where they will argue it.

I understand both arguments and to some degree agree with parts of both.

Some companies do keep their lad upto date and loads don't, just glad I don't manage anymore!

Are you suggesting there maybe a conflict of interests between CISRS and some private training providers!!

Take a look at CISRS website and their promotional videos or perhaps CISRS website and their Overseas operations

It's OUR industry and certain individuals are creaming it at your expense?[/QUOTE

Exactly, just how many accounts do you have on here?

what about the scaffolders that have had their CITB/ CISRS card for 30 years and need this for their employment. I believe part of the scheme might involve getting the tools on ? NVQ is the qualification CISRS is only a standard of training..its a shame that different training companies are recognized with similar schemes but the MCG decided this along time ago

Top Bottom