CISRS has announced that from 01 June 2017 New Mandatory Requirement For Scaff's (1 Viewer)

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
CISRS has announced that from 01 June 2017 it will introduce a two-day Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course, which will become a mandatory requirement prior to Scaffolder or Advanced Scaffolder card renewal. CPD is an issue which has been discussed at length within the sector for over 10 years. Following correspondence with the HSE in 2015 urging CISRS to introduce CPD, as the scheme had been in existence for over 40 years without a formal route, it was agreed that the introduction of CPD would ensure that cardholders were kept up to date with the latest legislation and industry guidance.

Continuing Professional Development, What The Fekk ?

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

How Much Is This Crap Going To Cost Us ? Honest To Ruddy God What Next ?

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I Am Renewing A Scaffolders Card Nothing Else Why On Earth Do We Have To Put Up With This Tosh?

a 2 day course to keep up with latest legislation and industry guidance are these fuds having a girraffe, get the hundred pound notes out lads cause this will require a few of them at the very least.

KKKKKKeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrccccching…

I just seen this on linkedin and jumped right on the Forum…

I have asked Ian if there is a Course Descriptor available…

Lets see exactly what we Scaffold Erectors don't Know :unsure:

I really do not know of any other Discipline who has to pay out for a licence to work…

Another expense for the self sponsored Scaffolder :eek:

An ally tower module and inspection element will be included, meaning the need for additional pasma training and inspection card will no longer be necessary.

You could all update your card in May next year for the standard 26.50 meaning it will be a further 5 years before it will affect you.;)

tell me this is a belated April fool
maybe its time for the Scaffs to have a referendum on leaving the NASC/CISRS Cabal Oh wait a minute some already tried :mad:

What next?
CISRS training in Pakistan?

Oh they've done that too :(

Hi Imk…do you have the Full Course Descriptor ???

Aye nice move with the early renewal :cool:

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Bro…I don't know why they just don't make it a Degree Qualification and be done with it…would suit that Middle East jobs eh PMSL…F+S…GA...

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Hi Swifty M8…hows it hangin ???…

They are there already...

Thats made my mind up for me. I am taking early retirement. Being self-employed I am sick of having to pay out just to get to work.
How many courses does a joiner have to retake?
How many for brickies?
How many for Painters and decorators, plasterers, steel fixers or plumbers?
:mad:

Hi Gerscaff…

Aye, Im glad that at 63 Im on my way out…its my Bro Scaffs and the young blood coming up that I think of more and yet more Courses and finding the money to do them and there is always the renewals…

Will this ( CPD ) Course make us more Professional than we already are ???…if there is going to be a real benefit then I would have to sanction the CPD, HOWEVER, the Scaffs have got to pay the Monopoly…they got it stitched up Man…tighter than a camels ass hole in a sand storm...

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Hi John the Manc…

Well said, I was sent to CITB Hillington 1978 by Aberdeen Scaffolding who payed for the Course…since that date I ( like a load more others ) have self funded over the years…CISRS, BOSIET ect ect ect…

To be honest with the rates these days Id be not working PMSL…

Ats me decided I renewing feck all...

Sorry Gary, no course descriptor yet, I believe a lot of exact details are still up for discussion. I do know they are trying to soften the blow or maybe just trying to justify their actions by including ally and inspections.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

If they realise there is an avenue for guys to renew early, they will put a stop to it.

Hi Imk

Aye, they could head some of the Boys off at the pass…widni put it past them eh…OOOpppss, lets not give them ideas Imk…

Im okay really I renewed Adv Scaff + Adv Insp in Feb this year…at my age the card has a longer life span than me PMSL...

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Imk…just as a matter of interest what would you like to see in the Descriptor ???

Any other Brother Scaff got a comment on the Course Content ???

CISRS CPD Courses Announced
CISRS has announced that from 1 June 2017 it will introduce a two day Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course, which will become a mandatory requirement prior to Scaffolder or Advanced Scaffolder card renewal.
CPD is an issue which has been discussed at length within the sector for over 10 years. Following correspondence with the HSE in 2015 urging CISRS to introduce CPD, as the scheme had been in existence for over 40 years without a formal route, it was agreed that the introduction of CPD would ensure that cardholders were kept up to date with the latest legislation and industry guidance.
“We are aware that good employers strive to keep their workforce up to speed with changes within the industry, but this is not always the case. With a transient workforce and no formal programme for achieving this we cannot be sure exactly what information has been passed onto whom.
“The basic principle of CPD and/or refresher training is a good one. However, we are all too aware that this comes at a cost not only for the training itself, but also loss of production etc. As such we are looking to ensure that the course provides the most gain for the least pain and offers the scaffolder and their employer some real value added training,” said Dave Mosley, CISRS Scheme Manager.
CPD has been a regular agenda item at Access and Scaffolding Industry Training Organisation (ASITO) meetings, and a working party of CISRS representatives, scaffolding contractors and training providers was formed to take this forward. Mike Burr, Managing Director of LTC Group 87 and a member of the CPD working party said: “The introduction of CPD for CISRS card holders will be another much needed step forward within our ever progressing industry and will receive my full support in my role as ASITO Chairman. As both an employer and training provider to the scaffold industry we welcome the introduction of CPD to further underpin what is already an excellent nationally recognised scheme.”
The working group began to put together a “wish list” of topics which they felt should be included within a CPD course aiming to focus on essential areas.
Full details will be confirmed later in the year, but it is proposed that CISRS CPD Course Content will cover:
* SG4:15 – Inclusive of SG19 and harness training.
* TG20:13 – Inclusive of masonry anchors.
* General scaffolding knowledge testing.
* RAMS.
* SG6 – Manual handling, inclusive of ropes and wheels and knots.
* MATS.
* Scaffold inspection.
* Trends in accidents and reporting accidents.
* Part Two re-cap.
* Impact wrenches.
* Vehicles.
* Communication – Inclusive of scaffolder responsibilities and behaviour.
* Edge protection and roof works.
* Drugs and alcohol.
* PPE – Responsibilities of employer.
* Incomplete scaffolds – Inclusive of signage and access.
* System scaffold awareness.
* Protection of the public.
CISRS are also looking to include a Health & Safety test within the 2-day
course which would then be accepted as a recognised exemption to the current
Health and Safety and Environment Test (H&S&E). As such the scaffolder would not
have to lose additional time undertaking the H&S&E test on another working day.
The courses will be delivered by CISRS Accredited training providers. The
majority of the course content will be the same for both Scaffolders and
Advanced Scaffolders – with the main difference being the scaffold structures
used for the practical inspection sessions.
Dave Mosley added: “Now the basic principle has been agreed we will be
working to fine tune the content. We really feel that the introduction of CPD is right
for the scheme and the industry. We realise that this is a big change for the sector
and as such we are giving everyone plenty of notice before this goes live, we want
all scaffolders and employers to be aware that CPD is coming.”
For a full a list of approved CISRS training providers, further details about
CISRS card courses, OSTS news, training changes following the introduction of
SG4:15 and TG20:13, information and dates on courses available or to find out
more about CISRS, please visit CISRS or email enquiries@cisrs.org.uk for
more assistance.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

I Think Theses Two Days Will Be At Least £200 plus.

If this isnt just a wind up i cant help but think off the labour shortage this is going to create - most older self employed guys wont bother only to retire - younger self employed will be unable to finance it & the larger paye employers will be forced to incur this xtra cost or lay the guys off & scale down ....tbh its one of the most stupid fcukin ideas ice heard for a long time but tbh i'm hardly surprised by anything the money grabbing nasc decide to introduce in an effort to make more money ��

What is the process for renewing my CISRS card?

All existing cardholders will be required to renew their cards by completing the relevant application form and passing the relevant level of CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test or Recognised Exemption within 2 years of renewal, and submitting the application form with a recent photograph and payment of £26.50.

Renewal Notices will be sent to the last known address approximately 3 months prior to the card expiry date.

So You Can't Re New Your Card Anytime Before June 2017, If You Thinking Of Beating The System.

So Any Scaffs That Card Runs Out Before June 2017 .

Will Not Have To Do This Course For Another Five Years.

Thank God I've Just Renewed My Card For The Last Time, Then I Will Be Hanging My Spanners Up!

Last edited:
STILL CANT TAKE THIS BAWLOCKS IN
but in hindsite the fact they cant get the TG thing sorted the Scaff on the tools can never keep up with the GUIDELINES they change on a weekly basis:eek:

Top Bottom