CISRS has announced that from 01 June 2017 New Mandatory Requirement For Scaff's

just another way of making scaffs paying more money
go and be self employed to get your money back through the tax system

100,000 signatures mt need to get the whole family involved

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Heard it's going to be 450/500 but I think they'll be rethinking after the outcry, their doing the alloy tower to **** pasma over because they are introducing beam sections to alloy towers therefore encroaching our industry even more as far as I know all Scaffolders will be alloy tower trained part 1/2 & advanced.

Think this may be officially challenged by the oil & gas related scaffold companies as most of what's being proposed is already covered by reputable employers.
Absolute joke the way this has been railroaded.
A re-think is needed to simplify this so called refresher, maybe a cbt programme might be a more cost effective option.

Anyone started that petition yet? I would, but i lack the brains!

This Is Not A Refresher, This Is A Money Earner For The Training Companies, The Subbies Like Me Are Getting Fekked At Every Level, I Have Had To Self Fund Every Course And Every Touch Screen Test, My Insurance Goes Up Every Year My Diesel Costs Are Staggering And Now This Bolloxs Our Prices Are Not Keeping Apace With The Rafts Of So Called Health And Safety Codswallop, When In The Name Of God Are The Trainers Going To Be Honest With Us, You Know The Poor Fekking Mugs That Pay There Wages Im Seriously Telling Them To Ram It Gents , My Family Has Suffered Two Years Of Hell And Really I Cant Stand The Thought Of Someone Who In All Probability Couldnt Do Our Job Telling Me After 38 Years On The Spanners That I No Longer Have The Skillset To Do My Job

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Should Be Seriously Considering Telling Them To Ram It

you got to pay now to keep your qualification that you earned and already paid for

what the **** is that all about ????????

money making 2 faced scumbags out there and all trying to fleece the working man in the name of health and safety that's the way to get it to look a good idea HSE love that ****

Some guy in Scaff Mag was trying to justify this. At the end of the day if you are a subbie you will be working for a client, the onus should be on them to ensure they are subcontracting decent scaffs, scaffolding companies should have a decent handle on the standard of their employees and if they are crap and not up to speed with what their company relates to them then that is their fault. This is just money grabbing nonsence to keep the training facilities ticking over if the onus was put on the employer it might get rid of the parasite agencies out there.

They Got All Of Us By The Balls, Don't Do The Course, No Scaff's Card = No Job.

All The Lads Renewing Their Cards Before 1st June Will Get Five Year's Before They Have To Do This Course.

I Am One Of The Lucky One’s, Just Renewed Mine.

Feel Sorry For All The Young Scaff’s Having To Pay More Out, Just To Make A Living.

You Won’t Get Many If Any Firms Paying For This Training.

Because How Many Scaff's Stay With The Same Firm For Five Year's.

And Agencies Only Want Scaffs With All Of There Cards, You Won't Get A Agency Or There Clients Paying For Training.

They Would Have To Be A Vast Shortage Of Scaffolder's For Them To Pay.

You May Get It Paid By The Jobcentre, But You May Have To Be On The Dole For Six Months To A Year Plus!

So In Five Years’ Time, That’s End Of Scaffolding For Me.

They Can Shove There Course’s Up There Arse!

Because, They Not Getting Another Pound Out Of Me!

Last edited:
What a crock of ****,my card runs out april next year and will be renewed for the last time,and what about supervisors and a.i. cards?

They only quote basic & advanced cards. But....I'm sure if there's an oportunity to suck even more money out of the individual they will

Last edited:
Scaffrobbo, The Firms I Subbie To Couldnt Give A Rats Arse About Anybodys Training, The Onus Will Always Fall On The Individual Subbie, Its Like The Cscs Fiasco, Its Up To You And If You Dont Have It No Work. The Big Boys In Our Industry Are Totally Useless, They Are Just Rolling Over And Playing Dead, The Nasc And Cisrs Have Fekked Our Industry And Will Continue To Fekk Our Industry Because The Major Players Will Let Them .

Well maybe that is were the CITB should be focusing instead of ripping of the working man, offcourse they won`t, no easy bunce to be made there.

The biggest mistake the CITB made, was handing the scheme over to CISRS. Their going to be at it again, handing over large swathes of their training arm to private providers as long as they can prove they can do it better for less. Doesn't bode well.

Well said Teeside. Its a shame we cant all tell em to stick it up their arses! It makes little difference how load we shout, we are never heard.

Supervisors will be required to sit a 2 day refresher every 5years to maintain their cards.
Download the new CAP 609 at CISRS website or perhaps contact them a voice your concerns before they rip you off anymore!!

Going to be a few grand to renew your tickets now, I have advanced, supervisor and advanced inspection are they doing a special bundle deal or is there no money in that.

Are you kidding mate the more money they can get off you the better thats to keep their range rovers on the road and their big houses no three for the price of two on that one

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

What ever happened to grand father rights???
When you first booked some of these courses they never mentioned anything about refreshers costing as much as the full courses they have now changed the 2 day scaffold inspection course (basic) to three days what the **** they cant fill out the course content when it was two days

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

They must have some very important news to tell them on the course eighter that or found some more downtime for the training industry does this **** happen to the brickies?? Joiners?? Roofers??? I think not

This is blackmail. They will not renew your card unless you sit on their course. So we now have touch screen test to pay for as well as price of new card then the new cpd. Mines due 2020 I don't think I will be renewing. The courses they throw out now are all the same content. Any changes to SG4 can be rolled out by your company the same goes for TG20. The work at height regs are the same as 2005 . What new **** are they going to tell us. They should concentrate on robbing the UAE and Malaysia don't they think they've scammed enough out of uk companies.

Where in the HaSaWA + Associate Instruments a enabled Regulations dose it state that a Scaffolder must be CISRS Trained and Ticketed ???

Can we cite a Legal Challenge ???

Senario

A Scaffolder applies for a job, his Training consisted of in-house and real life experience…however, the Scaffolder is denied a start due to him not being CISRS Trained…is this Bias ???

Just looking for and angle to fight these with…or am I clutching at straws and talking **** ???

Top Bottom