Working In Ireland

T.ANIMAL

Reaction score
Hi All. After a bit of advice, ive got the chance of going to work in Ireland, it could be a long contract lasting 4 years, and im working for an english firm, will there be any tax problems, i would be PAYE getting paid into my bank account in England, I presume ? not sure on whether 4 weeks then long weekend off or permanently 6-7 days a week, there is a company appartment which I will have the use of, just need a bit of a heads up before I meet up with the Director so I can get all the questions I need to be asking him, to get the right answers, the job will be project managing the scaffold side of things in Dublin. Obviously it isnt cheap in Dublin, I know a couple years back on a weekend visit did a ball of money, think it was about £6 a pint then. Im a scaffold foreman and working in London at the moment, its a good firm and on £195 a day + free use of company van, should i be looking for £220-£250 a day or more. Any help, advice or a few pointers would be much appreciated.

Not sure about Dublin, but I do remember reading a scrawl on the toilet wall in Belfast as the job started running down. It read, just shoot one of they Brits and the rest will surely head home. :eek:

Is there any work in Dublin!, your right thou its feckin expensive and as many east Europeans there as here
with high numbers of unemployed I'm surprised there not sourcing locally, make sure you have good medical cover cos everything costs £££££££

Alright T.animal, well...the best of luck in yer new job....I'm originally from Dublin, although I don't work there no more....
6-7 days a week.....! I'd expect that's for a 40 hour week with o.t. on top!
Working in Ireland has its pros and cons.....don't worry about the Brit thing.....ya won't get any hassle over that...ya will come across the odd nugget who has the I.q.of a goldfish.
Dublin is expensive, but if you have use of an apartment and a motor....I would try and bank everything if you can, and give as little as possible to the tax man and the unions..
The money appears a little on the low side if your doing managing, but get your foot in the door and make some friends before you start asking for more dough.
It's mainly all system scaff in Ireland, ther are tube & clip companies but not a lot....
Best of luck.

Top Bottom