Advertising your business and getting more clients

Dmorton249

Reaction score
Hi all

I was just after some help/advice...
I've recently started up my scaffolding business about 3 months ago now. I've only had a couple of jobs a month, so it's been a bit slow really.

I was just after some tips and advice on drumming up more business such as advertising,marketing, any specific places to contact etc

Any help with this or Anything you can recommend from your own experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't advertise it's not worth the money. Get signs on your jobs and vehicles and the days you have no work drive round a few builders etc or if you see any work starting call in offer your services.

You might want to put together an introductory contact 'letter' itemizing where you are, the type of work you do, Insurances held, company and tax status and examples of works carried out etc. Don't post it - hand deliver to builders and try to see the estimator's/surveyor's in the company. One of the most successful companies I worked for had a pair of estimators that used to do this in their spare time. Nothing better than the personal touch. Be cautious though if you let anyone down it's you that will lose any repeat work. hope this helps - good luck.

Do you have a website?? You can get one built and set up fairly easily these days. Doesn't have to be anything special, firms like go daddy and the such will do you a one page effort, Just somewhere for you to put a contact number, email address, a bit of blerb, blah blah. Put a small budget aside for the click and pay adverts on google, you can set it to what ever limit you want, £5 a day for example, but will as good as guarantee you're on page at the top. Most people search for everything on t'internet these days. As you build up you can update your website and to whatever you need. Best way i've found to get new customers.

Top Bottom