Scaffolders union (1 Viewer)

colinwilkie1

Reaction score
Talking to one a the boys in work about this as there's a dispute on our job where mechanical boys ie. Pipeez, riggers, welders have been brought on getting payed along naeci agreement rates while the scaffs are still on civil rates. Got us talking should we have our own union with a set rate like say the laggars have and would it work would everyone go for it cauz in our opinion we are doing the most dangerous job on a site and the trade is becoming more and more technical every year so think we deserve to be payed accordingly if we did do it and get enough members we could set a national rate and no one goes on to a job for any less but we would need to stick together on that and dont have guys going for less or We'd be ******.

It's been talked about before. All we really learned was that scaffs couldn't agree on the colour of the sea.:sad:

Not many scaffs with a back bone now tho, would never stand,way to many gobshites shitearses, brown noses, cock suckers, carnt be trusted 2 faced pricks, petrified to lose their jobs cos they are chuckled up to the max on, mercs, Bm's, sleeves, roids, that's why it will never work, shame cos there's a lot of genuine men out there that would done anything for a fellow man

Talking to one a the boys in work about this as there's a dispute on our job where mechanical boys ie. Pipeez, riggers, welders have been brought on getting payed along naeci agreement rates while the scaffs are still on civil rates. Got us talking should we have our own union with a set rate like say the laggars have and would it work would everyone go for it cauz in our opinion we are doing the most dangerous job on a site and the trade is becoming more and more technical every year so think we deserve to be payed accordingly if we did do it and get enough members we could set a national rate and no one goes on to a job for any less but we would need to stick together on that and dont have guys going for less or We'd be ******.

Nice, but the only thing scaffolders enjoy more than moaning about something is doing nothing about it. People are too busy sticking powder up their noses to back anybody who makes an effort to try bring something like this into being.

Sadly Flintys right
The Laggers held out for around 14 weeks in the sixtys for f(WITHOUT A BEAN)ull trade recognition.50 years later and all the scaffs are moaning about having to go to a training centre to prove we are UP TO SPEED WITH INDUSTRY STANDARDS.
How many times have Scaffs stabbed each othe rin the back eigther to get a job or to keep a job or even to just get a fecking sunday shift.
Great Idea and one i would back all the way but it aint gona happen in GB
You just have to look at the amount of guys choking to get on Union Agreenment sites who have never had the slightest intention of ever becoming a member.:cry:

Thats One Thing Happy Whats Wrong With Ucatt Or Unite ? Just A Thought Because A Scaffolders Union Will Never Happen,

I don't mean to be rude about any organisation, especially as I'm a fully paid up member, but it gets more difficult every year to justify the fee.

There's feck all wrong with unite I've been a member since the ceu days.
The laggers phone the gmb when out of work and they keep them informed through a job bank if I'm correct.they also have a death levy run by their section of the Union.
That's more the line I would like to see,so that if I've got a dispute regarding for instance hooking on he will have an understanding of my grievance
How can a union rep who worked in a factory for 40 years understand a scaff who is chasing shutdowns all over the country;)

How do you feel they handled things in Grangemouth?

The truth is, it was embarrassing.

the local rep on site was at fault frim what im lead to beleive
the whole situation was manipulated by Mr Ineos who is indeed a meglomaniac who played a very sickening game of poker with thousands of peoples lives at the very height of the biggest recession the world has known since the thirties.
What about the NAECCI agreement
what about the Lyndsey Oil/BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH WORKERS,the same shitite is still going on if it wasnt for the Unions who would be fighting for OUR RIGHTS
NO ONE ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fully paid up member, but it's a brave new world and as the goings on in our offshore sector confirm, the good times are over.

The goings on are mainly due to NON MEMBERS and the ive got a 5 series and live in a bubble trying to kid on im not from a scheme.
IE the extra time monkeys who shat all over the Holidays and Rotas that the UNIONs and members thouhgt so hard to get;)

Now that I can agree with. I respect your unwavering support and belief in our union, I just see a different future on the horizon.

cheers this is what the forums all about a wee debate
not descending intoname callking bollockks ;)

Exactly. I learned long ago not to step on too many toes discussing union matters. Too many men have sacrificed too much to treat the topic with anything less than respect.

Top Bottom