Temporary roof, Tins or Shrink rap.

Tony Mason

Reaction score
Im looking at buying materials to undertake temporary roofs. My question is, should I invest in tins or get trained in shrink rap.
Kind Regards Tony.

Tin roof shrink on sides

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Might b worth pricing some system roofs

Tbh it depends on how many & what size u intend to do.
Shrink wrapping takes a while to learn properly without burning it the intial outlay for equiptment is under a 1k but the rolls of wrap themselves are quite expensive & obviously only used once.
In comparrison the outlay for CI sheets can be more expensive but can be used over & over.
System such as ubix is is really fast & easy to use but will take a long time to recoup if you buy it & is easier to rent & pass this cost onto ur clients, but you will still need to purchase the sheeting which can be reused several times.
Hope this helps

I wouldn't bother buying any roof kit unless you can keep the gear out of the yard and constantly being used, the system stuff, especially ubix is foooking well expensive and not much 2nd hand kit about. I just hire it as and when i need it, and just buy the kedar sheets. i'd say the cost of hiring the gear stacks up against the labour difference with all the fooking about with tinning them, especially if you've got to buy the tins anyway.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

lol, beat me to it sp

Thanks you your replies guys. Tins is probably the best way to go. Domestic and marine so nothing large scale.

I've been using tins on top and shrink wrap on the sides, was using shrink on top as well but the fecking birds kept picking holes in it.

Top Bottom