Timber Scaffold Boards to be Banned by 2018 (1 Viewer)

I heard that by the 1st of April 2018 they will will be using the fool weight of the law on any transgressors still using timber!

fookin bostic glue instead of fittings next!!!!

I always thought scaffolders running around with tyre fitter tools (impact wrenches) waas an April fools but hey presto ;)
but they will never get rid of timber its eco friendly and sustainable

it will never happen
why not?
alot of system scaffolds are compatable with wooden boards but the manufacturer actually only makes metal boards/planks.
yes i see the story was an aprils fool but the more i think rationally about this, maybe the author could have opened up an idea which in the long term could have potential in the future.

why not?
alot of system scaffolds are compatable with wooden boards but the manufacturer actually only makes metal boards/planks.
yes i see the story was an aprils fool but the more i think rationally about this, maybe the author could have opened up an idea which in the long term could have potential in the future.

It's been coming for years, steel boards were in before I was, then plastic and LVL, it has to come but I don't expect to see it in my time!

That would make sense on system Allan. but cutting steel boards to fit tube,would be a no no. yeah???

obviously some of you have never worked in an oil refinery,powerstation or steelworks if you think metal boards could become the norm.total rubbish

The thread was an April fools joke. A sh1te one admittedly, but a joke none the less.

Some of the people that make the rules never even set foot on a scaffold never mind a powerstation.

What is the carbon foot print with making plastic boards and recycling them , plus disposal .
Is it not better to produce boards from trees and replant say 3 trees for ever one cut down ?

Im all for timber boards but there are steel 38mm boards on the market.
They are used on the new aircraft carriers at rosyth.;)

And how much longer do you think T&F will be around Frederik??

And how longs a piece of string Allan? Not a question I can answer. But I would guess will be around awhile yet. I wouldnt think it would be in the nasc's interest( or designers) to see the demise of T&F. As system have there own courses. As for steel boards on tube,tongue in cheek really,might slide around a bit,steel on steel like.:cool:

And how longs a piece of string Allan? Not a question I can answer. But I would guess will be around awhile yet. I wouldnt think it would be in the nasc's interest( or designers) to see the demise of T&F. As system have there own courses. As for steel boards on tube,tongue in cheek really,might slide around a bit,steel on steel like.:cool:

There will always be a place for T&F but it is greatly reducing with the evolution of system.

When I started wit GB they were 95% T&F when I finished they we 85% System.

i agree that steel boards are a more practical source in "some ways" but compare the price of a wooden board compared to a steel board, some steel boards can be used with tube and fitting, if someone can invent a cost effective plank to replace wooden boards then that would work

Top Bottom