***WANTED*** Van Thiel Telescopic Transoms 5+3 (1 Viewer)

If you'v started some large contracts which need extending trannies, and stock supplies are drying up - yes!

That's the point I was making is it worth investing in some systems if u can't get the supplies when u need them.

I think that Swift have the cash to buy the equipment but it takes time for van thiel to fabricate new equipment and deliver from the Netherlands. Obviously if they can buy existing stocks it is an advantage. Unfortunately 3 board extenders are the ones everyone can use, so why sell them off in busy times?

We hav van thiel in stock and we find it a good system. We r considering investing in more van thiel but c swift askin number times for material and just concerned there r issues gettin stock at short notice. U Wud think van thiel Wud hav stocks built up to supply quickly without having to fabricate it

I can't speak of Swift's current position on this as I am no longer involved with them.
Back in 2004-8 when I was there they bought about 25000 trannies over a period of years from 'VT' and various second-hand suppliers. I know Swift have been fortunate to win a few large contracts recently. They could possibly be heading towards a material deficit on this crucial item hence the need to increase their stock of 5+3's.

Back in early 90s we used mostly cuplock or tube but then sgb pulled out of ireland and it became difficult to buy cuplock especially at short notice if jobs didn't come down on time and we had others to start and yard stock was low. We ended up investing in kwikstage because of the availability here locally even though cuplock was a far better system. It's the danger of using tubelock is when ur stocks run low u hav very little options compared to ordinary tube

100% agree. I am wanting to say that you cannot beat traditional Tube and fittings but in busy times even that can get scarce. There are so many forms of pre-fabricated systems out there but you can always rely on T&F.

Top Bottom