Offshore Africa (2 Viewers)

stonedrose1

Reaction score
Alright lads, I've posted in the offshore thread but no replies thus far.
Does anyone have any experiences they'd like to share working in this area of the planet offshore as I've had an offer recently and whilst the money etc looks decent the rotation is not. I'm looking to find out about conditions etc as I mull this one over.
Any genuine info gratefully received.;)

Last edited:
I worked offshore in Angola it was just the same as the UK but there was not that many people that spoke English so that was a bit of a problem I was doing 28 and 28 but if your back to back did not come out you was expected to stay on even if it was for a months but all in all it was not that bad

I'm just back after 2months working in west Africa onshore for welsh company bloody good money a month,going back in 2weeks time on back to back with mate mine,got it for the year so happy days.

Nice video, good to see the St Andrews flag as well as the Lion Rampant featured. One cautionary tale although most of the information is second hand. The off shore industry mirrors the rest of Africa, the white man is now very much the minority and was squeezed out in favour of the locals. Old tribal allegiances raised their ugly heads which meant major skills were lost as the Zulu hoovered up most of the jobs. The white man is once again in demand this has caused huge problems, not least with entire crews going down with dysentery as the local galley staff won't wash their hands after a dump. Think carefully before going and look after yourself if you do decide to go.

I'm just back after 2months working in west Africa onshore for welsh company bloody good money a month,going back in 2weeks time on back to back with mate mine,got it for the year so happy days.

Was that the Welsh company that was offering 500 quid a week? Suppose that is good money for a Welsh mob?
Are you related to Steven Roberts from the Midlands that was on here trying to get a gig in Thailand with Phil 181 a couple of years ago?

Hi chaps, i done a bit in the CONGO..very busy with apes and other jungle creatures. no one spoke english?...weird??!......the work was very good. only mud huts to base out. weather was ****. didnt stop snowing! the rotor was ok 3days on 3days off. so that wasnt tooooo bad. i just put more miles on the van. bit gutted. i stayed with a couple of prem footballers so digs was very cheap. all in all id say AFRICA is a ok place to work. hope this helps guys.

Hi chaps, i done a bit in the CONGO..very busy with apes and other jungle creatures. no one spoke english?...weird??!......the work was very good. only mud huts to base out. weather was ****. didnt stop snowing! the rotor was ok 3days on 3days off. so that wasnt tooooo bad. i just put more miles on the van. bit gutted. i stayed with a couple of prem footballers so digs was very cheap. all in all id say AFRICA is a ok place to work. hope this helps guys.

"Only mud huts to base out" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

funny when you get private mail saying and asking who I was out there for,then they say been offered job out in west Africa asking what rate should I ask for so don't price there selfs out of the market,then I ask who is the company so can help you out,then you here nothing back.funny that is,they must think all us scaffolders/supervisors are stupid,we"re not that's why we get the jobs cos we know what we"re doing out there.but if can help anyone I would,just not guys who trying to play me. they know who this reply is to,not into name and shame really,just I know who they are now,and when good jobs do come up,i wont be contacting them 2 guys at all.

Keep your hair on. It turned out to be a bum steer. Who said anything about West Africa? It was (supposedly) off the coast of Libya. I passed a link onto a couple of people, just not you as by that time I'd ascertained that it was a crock of sh1te.

Last edited:
clasic advert beaten only by tri oh triiiioh;)
sorry to hear the job was a sneider i have heard of some mates heading getting the bump in angola as the game fecked due to the oil price etc

Top Bottom