The Northern Powerhouse; A Myth? (1 Viewer)

john the manc

Reaction score
Through certain circumstances I am being forced to go back on the tools for a while, so I surfed countless search engines only there is virtually sod-all in terms of work in the Chester/North Wales areas. Even more disappointing is the complete lack of work in the North West areas of Greater Manchester/Merseyside, which leads me to ask is the so-called 'Northern Powerhouse' a myth? :huh:
I am just curious as to the lack of job adverts in an area with a catchment population of around 5 million and the only ones that are being shown is in London.
London apart, is it the same everywhere else in Britain as we are supposed to be out of recession?:eek:

It's a good question John.

Maybe it's because they cant match London rates and therefore have trouble attracting scaffs as such?

Is there much going on development wise in your area John? That's probably the only feasible reason why mate?

It's a good question John.

Maybe it's because they cant match London rates and therefore have trouble attracting scaffs as such?

Is there much going on development wise in your area John? That's probably the only feasible reason why mate?

Where u been Bobby!

Hey JTM, if your after graft mate I believe Pennine Scaffolding are rather busy at the minute and have a decent sit ein Chester. Other than that mate I would transfer to the Smoke.
Regarding work elsewhere, you see plenty of jobs advertised throughout the UK. Raises 2 question, are they collecting CV's or are there that many scaffs out of work that they are gone in 60 seconds.......................

Hope your keeping well ol chap?

Through certain circumstances I am being forced to go back on the tools for a while, so I surfed countless search engines only there is virtually sod-all in terms of work in the Chester/North Wales areas. Even more disappointing is the complete lack of work in the North West areas of Greater Manchester/Merseyside, which leads me to ask is the so-called 'Northern Powerhouse' a myth? :huh:
I am just curious as to the lack of job adverts in an area with a catchment population of around 5 million and the only ones that are being shown is in London.
London apart, is it the same everywhere else in Britain as we are supposed to be out of recession?:eek:

Just googled scaffold jobs and here are the results.

Scaffold Jobs, vacancies | Indeed.co.uk

Basically **** all above Milton Keynes. But its not just scaffolders, its all construction trades, Mr Cameron is happy to keep taxing the whole of the UK. But all the money seems to be getting spent on London infrastructure. Then just to kick you while you are down we have this little bueaty,
West Ham
Looks like we are also liable for paying for the running of West Hams new football ground. So you can all go to work this morning knowing that your hard graft is making the rich a little bit richer.

Hey JTM, if your after graft mate I believe Pennine Scaffolding are rather busy at the minute and have a decent sit ein Chester. Other than that mate I would transfer to the Smoke.
Regarding work elsewhere, you see plenty of jobs advertised throughout the UK. Raises 2 question, are they collecting CV's or are there that many scaffs out of work that they are gone in 60 seconds.......................

Hope your keeping well ol chap?
I phoned them direct and they said they had were manned up at the moment.
You still offshore Andy?

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Just googled scaffold jobs and here are the results.

Scaffold Jobs, vacancies | Indeed.co.uk

Basically **** all above Milton Keynes. But its not just scaffolders, its all construction trades, Mr Cameron is happy to keep taxing the whole of the UK. But all the money seems to be getting spent on London infrastructure. Then just to kick you while you are down we have this little bueaty,
West Ham
Looks like we are also liable for paying for the running of West Hams new football ground. So you can all go to work this morning knowing that your hard graft is making the rich a little bit richer.
Maybe so but surely ALL the other major cities must have work SOMEWHERE,
otherwise this low unemployment rate is a lie. There seems to be less about than in the recession 2 years ago.

I phoned them direct and they said they had were manned up at the moment.
You still offshore Andy?

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Maybe so but surely ALL the other major cities must have work SOMEWHERE,
otherwise this low unemployment rate is a lie. There seems to be less about than in the recession 2 years ago.

Thats ***** mate. I worked for them 2 weeks back,for a day. Ha ha.

Yes im offshore mate. Foreman on the Heerema Thialf. What a toy this thing is.

john the myth that there is a northern english powerhouse is indeed that
cameron and co as well as his predecessors have always pumped massive amounts into the infrastructure of the south east ofn england.
in scotland the only big job is rosyth apart from the usual shutdowns in grangemouth.There is the new forth bridge which doesnt carry too many scaffs.
Everyone i know is down in landon or heading there;)

Im The Same Happy Loads Of My Mates Are Heading Dahn Sarf, On a Brighter Note Great To See Bobby Back , And She Who Must Be Obeyed Is Officially In Remission , (Thank Fekk For The Nhs ) If That Shiny Headed , Smary Tory Tosspot Has His Way We Wont Have It , Mind You In Scotland Its Devolved

Top Bottom