Altering/dismantling scaffolding

crakmin

Reaction score
I am working on a site of 100 + men,mostly romanian and for months now they have been ripping apart my handrails,stripping,altering access towers etc.Have informed supervision and still happening on a daily basis.Want to walk but work is thin on the ground just now.1 joinervsupervisor even signed off one of my tags,what to do???

Ring HSE and don't feel any guilt at all. If companies want to employ cheap foreign labour then they should suffer the consequences.

i suppose u could take photoes of your work when u finish it and sign it off,or tape the recording of the conversation when you tell your supervisor the problems your having,at least this way would sercure your job

Have you asked yourself if an accident happened where will the blame fall? Fortyeight and double standards have said it all but keep telling the management of these blatant breaches in site safety.

@ Crakmin…yip, blatant breaches of Statutory Requirements ad associated Regulations and Principal Contractors H & S Policy…

It is not your job to have to monitor UNAUTHORISED removal of Scaffold Component parts…HOWEVER, in this case, I would gather as much documentation as possible, pic, location of breach, time observed, ect…then present them to the HSE stating your concerns…

Get a grip of the Site before it gets a grip of you…

Next thing they be erecting and you be out on your ass...

Put it all on email each time so u hav record u reported it and as said take photo each time u sign it off

Put your concerns in writing to the office (and keep a copy for yourself) and at least you'll be covered if the fan hits the *****

tell the fookah in charge mate,that you will call in an independant scaffold inspector from outside the company etc.tell the site people you will present your tickets to the inspector,to show you are quite capable of doing your job.
and his findings/report will be forwarded to their head office for back feed.
hopefully that will spook the fookahs.

tell the fookah in charge mate,that you will call in an independant scaffold inspector from outside the company etc.tell the site people you will present your tickets to the inspector,to show you are quite capable of doing your job.
and his findings/report will be forwarded to their head office for back feed.
hopefully that will spook the fookahs.

Not disrespecting the lad but when u say show your tickets to inspector that don't mean out cos any fecker can get a scaffold ticket n not know what there doin!

it shows hes qualified to be on that perticular site.

You seem my wife drive then

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

We see this Shiite all the time with smaller builders , they will quite happily rape the scaffold to get tube and fittings if they want to build something for themselves , we just put it on the weekly inspection what's wrong and what we didn't erect and recommend Immediate action be taken to put it right as it's unsafe and we refuse to sign the tags , not that this stops them just carrying on ,but if a safety officer walks on site it's all in writing , also send emails to the main contractor telling him that is not acceptable and you will take no liability for any damage or injury arising from their interference

Years ago I was on a job working for GBG and a bunch of them tried it with us,they built a cover/temp roof over the staircase to stop the rain coming down on them,they sheeted it and everything,I loosened tons of the fittings and pulled a sheet half out,I went and got that site agent and took him to the job and said if that sheet had of blown off and decapitated someone you would have been liable for that for allowing non scaffolders build scaffolding on your site,he held a meeting that morning and nobody ever touched our scaffolding again.

was that a fairy story or did that really happen?? lol an agent telling them off and them never touching it again !!!!!

Top Bottom