loading Bay

big witts

Reaction score
just started for this company and he keeps banging on about 17 transoms in a loading bay 12 ft long, his reason being the unknown weight of the stone that gets delivered
surely if he was in doubt he would bring the standard spacing in
I asked for the drawing he just replied follow the one that has been erected next to it
is that to the drawing ??
he said that's what the client wants

has the client got a drawing ????

I asked the client he said yeah its somewhere ?????
I cant find it

ask your supervisor to send it across

I was led to believe it was 4 ft centres on bays and 300mm centres on transoms

please could you shed light on this matter
without confirmation from either party I refuse to build this am I right in doing so

To be honest mate it's all irrelevant if it should have a design as an engineer can prove what he's produced, you're right though there should be a drawing available on site so that the scaffold can be inspected to the drawing. Unless it's a TG20 compliant loading bay which would require a compliance sheet.

just started for this company and he keeps banging on about 17 transoms in a loading bay 12 ft long, his reason being the unknown weight of the stone that gets delivered
I asked for the drawing he just replied follow the one that has been erected next to it

I cant find it

without confirmation from either party I refuse to build this am I right in doing so

17 Transoms is certainly not unusual, I've seen 20+ before. But the drawing should give you the proper details. Remember some of these designs are not done by people with any real scaffold knowledge, some are done "in house" by the building companies and you are expected to comply, even when it's utter nonsense.

I think this is the case about in house design but still need to see it to build it to there spec rather than copying another one that has been erected to verify it is built to there spec,

thanks for your advice Flinty

It's obviously up to spec so just build it like your gaffer has said. You've just started for him and you're refusing to build jobs as he asks? He's gonna love that attitude lol

could your boss be thinking 4 trannys in the base,4 as aberdeens and 9 as board trannys otherwisw they would be 8 inches apart

I cant find it

Your Quite rite, Loading bays should be designed to a minimum 10Kn live load, if they cant provide a drawing , don't erect it .

Build it as per the otherone thats supposed to have there desighn - an attitude of not buiding it is just gonna upset ur boss - if your that concerned about it being inadeqate or not complient than simply dont tag it & leave it to your boss to handover

Top Bottom