Advanced course

andaz

Reaction score
I done my advanced course 3 year ago(ish) and because am a ******** I never went back and do the 2 day assessment mainly because I couldn't do the portfolio and just gave up!!! Now though I regret not doing it will I have to redo the 2 week course or can I just book my assessment?

Best phoning bircham Newton to find out, but been told if you had done portfolio you get certain time to do assessment and if you don't do it in certain time then you have to redo folio and pay bit extra but don't have to do whole course.

Andaz, I did the two week advanced practical in 2009 and the company I was with never sent me back to do the assessment. Phoned up Bircham Newton and went into Erith end of last year for a one day portfolio refresher, took it away and completed it then went back for the two day course. Cost about £700 to do it. Once you get your portfolio passed you can book the final assessment. Shouldn't take much more than a few months. Hope this helps.

Nice one that's still alright am going to ring up the morra and find out the crack

Just an update if anyone is in the same position as me, I rang the day and to my amazement my course was still in date but I need to do a refresher course and the only place is Kent!!! It costs £750 but that's everything in.

That will be Erith... enjoy the nightlife !!!!!!!!

Aye the course is 995 then to get the portfolio signed off is 250 then 450 for the 2 day practical that 750 is everything all in so its not that bad really

Not bad at all when you consider you've had 3 years to complete the portfolio and nearly exited the trade because of it. You may find there has been many changes to that portfolio and there is now a fair bit of effort required to complete these now. No out with an average scaffs capabilities though. Good luck.

Top Bottom