Good Scaffolder

To be honest i went a bit OTT with the post drop of beer you know, i would not expect them sort of hours out of anyone as for poles no not for me,and British if you were paided lets say 50 an hour how much would you put up a day ? No british im not paying you that just a question and also what is a good wage to pay men do you think and as a boss what could i expect you to do in an 8 hour day.No silly talk about 1000 sq single handed TRUTH.

Companies should, after hire for gear, public/personal liability, any upfront cost, take that off the price they are earning then they should have 60 / 40 split with the squad

To be honest i went a bit OTT with the post drop of beer you know, i would not expect them sort of hours out of anyone as for poles no not for me,and British if you were paided lets say 50 an hour how much would you put up a day ? No british im not paying you that just a question and also what is a good wage to pay men do you think and as a boss what could i expect you to do in an 8 hour day.No silly talk about 1000 sq single handed TRUTH.

You should be getting 6 square or 30 liner meters a man a day minimum

Trouble is if you price your work to suit men that are doing less you will loose work through over pricing

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Just remember if you pay Peanuts ull get monkeys

Problem is Colin there are to many monkeys getting paid to many peanuts ;)

I was only joking mate.. and 50 ph wouldn't get me out of retirement I'm afraid, iv not put my alarm on since the 15th of December or even stepped foot out the door when it's raining and I'm loving it... 1 thing I do believe tho is if the lads are paid well they work hard but we all have the odd lazy day, we are only human not machines. And we all know it's a tough game

I can sympathies with the problem you have and let's face it your not the first and won't be the last to come on here getting the chest out an giving it the charlie large I have done the same now what iam going to do for you is put X2 lads onto you they are good grafters I know these lads n he phoned me the other week I know They was looking for London good men one is advanced wit hgv,the other qualified scaff I hope this helps you because I don't like to see men get in a state over work the lad is mick I will get him to call you

Well done SCC maybe the forum is getting back to how it was.

How are you swifty I hope your keeping well,the problem what this and many other firms have is agencies pay 20+ an hr ,and they don't have to do much for this money this creates a knock on affect in companies getting grafters

Tell me about it lol.
I really think ORS needs an injection of manpower and straight forward leadership.
I'd have run it with my guys for him. It's so much easier with other people's money.

How do price up a tempary roof? I've got a meeting 2morro the for scaffolds 20 by 40 front and back and 30 by 40 both sides (40ft to gutter) I'm charging 80 a sq +plus vat for scaffold cheers

Not been on for a while I'm based in North London but cover the whole off London mate and 80sq is for the scaffold not a lid need to know how to price a Lid cheers

Top Bottom