NASC is cutting its entry level membership fees in a bidto attract smallercontractors (1 Viewer)

. . . In a bid to swell their coffers some more.

I think you have to ask yourself Derry if your loosing work over not being a member ,
Plus you have to have your yard and paperwork audited ,
There are lads on here that are members and maybe could fill us in as to what is required to join

There r no members that I know of here in N Ireland so don't see the point in joining. I think the cost of membership would b better spent elsewhere

Why would you want to join nasc the fact they seem to think you will get more work if you join their organisation is ridiculous and the fact it will create a paye system for your company some small firms cannot afford holiday pay and rely on subcontract labour to survive I know loads of companies that say it's a waste of time paying for nothing but a name on your adds.and some of their policies have created fines for the average joe because some text book h&s officer as read them the riot act they penalise your work rip apart everything you have done by saying it's this way and no other now they want your money the nasc is for the big boys who can afford this.

bunch of ***** that's what they are useless ******* who are stifling this industry
just trying to peddle their wares with all the crap that they put up and all these **** firms buy into it HEALTH AND SAFETY GONE PROPER FUCKIN MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would also suspect it has a lot to do with the rise of The Scaffolding Association which we are members and are a truer representation of the Scaffolding Industry in my view. NASC are a collection of Old Boys (Many of whom would not know one end of a spanner from the other) with bloated committee's only looking out for their own interests.

N.A.S.C

Not
Associated (With The Core))
Scaffolding
Companies

I would be of the opinion that NASC (I'm not a member) does a lot for scaffold industry and anything to better the industry is a good thing. However yes a lot of the bigger hire and sales firms(who also to contract work) push the products through it. it would be better if smaller contractors (Construction/Building Firms) sign up to use NASC members which then would make it better for smaller scaffold firms to sign up. The smaller contractors would then see the real cost of trying to run scaffold company safely.

Can anyone tell me how much it actually is to become a NASC member? Just interested really and have to say I agree with most of the posters here they are just a bunch of money grabbing t1ts

its not so much the money its the hoops that they want you to jump through to get in and if you don't get in they keep your £500 pre registration fee works in about just under £2000 a year depending on the size of your firm
right down to auditing your accounts and they have scaffold hire and sales companys on their list they will be happy to push all sorts of **** through just to sell it to you at inflated prices as usual

Top Bottom