UK Companies Fined $1.9 Million for Industrial Accident (1 Viewer)

I know very little about industrial work ,
But how would you prevent something like that falling if you have to work below it ?

I hope his family can find a way to move on with their lives after such a tragic lose
And he can RIP .

New this young man he had all his life in front of him always happy go lucky friendly man as for his family having to wait this long while the blame game was finished saying he should have been clipped on is a joke when your in these concrete risers it's a lottery and if your ticket is stamped you will come out in a body bag,these concrete clinkers when they Co e away from the wall and fall over 80 feet it will crush anything that's in its way I just hope most of this money as gone to his family and not to fat greasy lawyers playing the blame game,

Iam not trying to be disrespectful ,
Just wondering how you can predict if something will fall and how you can prevent that .
Us street lads only worry about falling of and it becomes second nature to stay on,
But when you have a worry about something above you falling of that's not a risk I would want to take .
I pray his family can now put this to rest and move on ,
May God look over all of us in this game .

Hello phil hope you had a good one basically on each floor you can open the small air hatches and their way of inspecting them is purely done on guess work of the concrete linings are safe or not like I say when you go in the riser bottom to kick your scaffold off its a lottery they can drop at anytime there is no safe way it's all on the spin of a coin.

Don't forget slates and dodge chimneys etc that can come down on u on street work

In the risers phil the concrete linings get very hot there for there is expansion and retraction to take into account expansion will keep them nice and tight and on retraction when the riser is cooling off they can crack dislodge and fall,bare this in mind the riser is designed to stay hot the only time it's not is when they have a shutdown and as the heat reduces retraction on the linings starts and you have a small window to get the scaffolding up this is where the chance game takes place in all respect you can write anything you want on your rams the paper doesn't see unforseen circumstances the man does either by his eyes or his life this then is a pure luck period in the time to get the job done ,

Top Bottom