good advice needed urgently

Kid from donny

Reaction score
Hi to all fellow scaffs, I'm after some good advice on my holiday pay I'm currently grafting my bag out for a known company in hull, I'm on £15 an hour straight through,, been employed by them since January, now they telling me my holiday pay is paid at £10.50 ph,, when my working rate is £15 ph,, so I'm financially worse off to take an holiday day,, am I being shafted how do they come up with a figure of £10.50 ???

I have done buddy,, they've explained the procedures and steps I need to go through,, I thought bringing it up on here to see if any other fellow Scaffs have been in this position before and really wanting as much knowledge as i can get

Obviously you are talking about sgs scaffolding we had the same problem last year take your grievance to the citizens advice,it doesn't matter what he thinks he can pay you your holiday pay will be judged on your average weekly wage if you can prove week in week out which you can by your wage slips of your average earnings your holiday will reflect your income we stuck it right up him last year he knows he is just trying it on

Its not sgs but another firm who got big overnight in hull,, however that's what I intend to steel city cowboy,, I thought its wrong what they are doing but only I'm the type what would just rather steam into head office windmilling bang some heads together and jack,,

That's what they would want you to do go in there to burflex and tell them under new European employment act that your credits are judged on your average weekly income this is what they have done to you set your rate at 10.50 then made the rest up with a bonus which does not accumulate as a credit which this is correct but if you continually earn your weekly wage week in week out then it's not classed as a bonus it's classed as continued earnings in which your credits will reflect on your weekly income if you have any problems please feel free to pm me and I will put you on the right channel to take them to a tribunal stage of unlawful deductions of your employment rights ok pal

Kid you are entitled to your holiday pay at the correct rate not what they think the are gonna pay you .
But going in all guns blazing and hitting people will only get you nicked and won't achieve what you actually want , which is your correct holiday pay.
So I really think you need to go talk the union or get legal advise ,
As it's the only way you will get a result without a drama.

Good luck with it and get a new start for the new year ;)

Havent they just got a brand new fleet of vans well someone has to pay for them kid the skanking basterds

Well Kid if you pay slip shows your on a rate of 15.00 then that is the rate they must use for holiday pay

as others have said its not good to go in with all guns blazing, but ask for clarification and if you or the employer are still not satisfied then a call to ACAS might be the best solution

Calculating Holiday Pay | Advice & Guidance | Acas

good luck:blink1:

Phone Ucatt Kid, They Are Trying To Take The ****, Under No Circumstances Go In Fists Flying And Guns Blazing. But Phone Your Union Rep And Get In Touch With Citizens Advice.

Donny kid some great Advice given
Let the union or CAB deal with your dispute but make sure you get whats due,
I CANT GET WHY THESE CUUNTS THINK THEY CAN TREAT WORKING MEN IN SUCH A WAY

Yes the balls already rolling lads the robbing bast***s
Thanks for all the advice

Your holiday should be an average of your last 12 weeks wages inluding overtime and bonus. That was brought in last year when we were on crossrail. The days of them paying you 8hrs at flat rate for your holidays are gone. Best of luck with it.

Top Bottom