looking for some advise Please about scaffolding kit

Alloy loading bay gates great idea until you get some fat belly steering lazy fork truck driver who tries to lift the gate up with the forks an bends them mind you if he doesn't see the price tag he won't give a toss

Seen gates been launched off the top lift by scaffs. Arms and tubes are the best option.

Both make for a big profit loss on any job

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

What about gates that go up and down ? And are supplied by a hoist type company instead of us ,
Maybe they could be sensor activated and rise as the fork lift hit a certain point ,
Thus taking all the responsibility away from us

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Seen gates been launched off the top lift by scaffs. Arms and tubes are the best option.

Tony erected a job when we first started out over 20 yeas ago and had to go into some thick hedges to base out ,
I found 18 packs of unopened brick guards hidden in the bushes ,
How the lads explained it or why is beyond me

I can see old brick guards getting lost but not new ones. Spent hours untangling them. The plastic ones are the way forward. I think the cost of a third party doing the gates will stop that one. We will just have accept the ball ache that they are.

I can see old brick guards getting lost but not new ones. Spent hours untangling them. The plastic ones are the way forward. I think the cost of a third party doing the gates will stop that one. We will just have accept the ball ache that they are.
No Tony the way forward is for the contractors to ply the handrails ,
We. Supply a safe working platform that can with Stand X amount out weight that should be our job ,
If they want to spot **** falling of that should be theirs

Hi all Happy new year to you all

we' just made and powder coated 10 sets of these for chap he didn't want them stackable but we can make them so they are stackable and powder coat them in any colour From £24 a pair +deliver
vanarkfab-albums-things-we-ve-made-picture2178t-budget-tube-holder.jpg

I've come accross a similar thing local to me - another local company commisioned a fabricator in my yard to make 50 sets of gates with tube only to cancel tje order after the first batch of 5 as they cost to much in materials & man hours to make it economically viable

Top Bottom