looking for some advise Please about scaffolding kit

vanarkfab

Reaction score
I've taken on a welder/fabricator that's down on his luck at the moment. He's advised me that there a call for loading bay gates, access gates, foot plates Etc. by scaffolding companies that are powder coated in the colour of companies choosing. he's got some ideas of thing we could make but I have know idea who the suppliers are I've spoken with my friend who works for the HSE and he likes the designs and they comply with the current regs.
any constructive advise would be greatly received thanks in advance for you help

Loads of suppliers are now using local labour to fabricate all their ancillaries. You will probably find that it's already a saturated market, but good luck anyway. Google should provide you with the usual list of suppliers to approach.

Try making one that doesn't weigh a f@cking ton.

Ali Beams get used with galv tube on site. Can't see why gates would be any different. No loading really just protection.

It Wudnt b an issue on sites but u can't mix them in certain industrial work if there is danger of a spark

Most industrial sites will allow you to mix ali and steel, it was the low heat resistance of ali that had them concerned for some reason, as Stone says ali beams are the norm now, in fact if I was asked to use a galvy beam these days I would think I was back in the stone age ( no pun intended ).

alloy ones wouid be too dear to buy mate and manufacture plus they wont be a good buy for the scaffold contractor with all the damages that occur on site that no one owns up to
so they wouid be throwing good money away in an ideal world nobody damages your materials but that aint gonna happen hell the scaffs damage their own gear so what chance do you have with other trades

I hate using the gates on sites as stated they always end up knackered and no one what's to pay the replacement cost ,
So my opinion is as cheap as possible please

anyone thought of plastic with specific reinforced points?

Top Bottom