Roof edge protection pricing

Pokerface

Reaction score
Hi scaffs
I have been asked to price roof edge protection treble handrails on steelwork for new building working from a cherry picker at 10m high x 300m run
What length/run should my 3 scaffs erect in a day
My guys are average-good standard
Thanks

You cant really state this tbh as theres so many variations on what could go wrong - maybe easier & safer in a cherry picker but its also painfully slow- the limitation on the swl of the cage limits u to how much gear you can take up in one go- I have known it take as long as an hour to do 6m of as little as 5 mins

Original poster if you need any info from us, give us a shout

Last edited:
X.1 scaff and a labrador 200mtrs in a days shift let's break this down on a standard working shift of 8 hr days 200mtrs = over 650 foot this is going up in a cherry picker so your scaff is averaging just over 80 foot an hour from the ground plus punchings gear from the ground take into account breaks absolute ******** and you can double this with another scaff if I was you I would buy a new bed an go dream in that and not on here.

got to agree with scc,650 foot 2 men would be good if you were coming straight off the stantions with gravelocks bearing in mind that there is just under 100 21s without fittings and elevating materials up 6-8 mtrs.i have found that 2 men one a picker erecting punch ups the other in a scissor lift that can travel when elevated erecting the rails works very good, but one man basically in a picker 650 foot a day I would be happy with him in my gang.

agJIP.gif

pokerface I think it would be best for you to see the configuration of the steelwork first(ie the overhang of the roof,whether toeboards are required,the thickness of the roof cladding,if the needles need supporting,distance between stantions and any other requirements the agent or cladders need)then check the ground conditions to make sure you hire the correct mewps.personally speaking I would be happy if i completed it in 3 days weather permitting

Original poster if you need any info from us, give us a shout

Last edited:
Don't think so pal so what your saying is 80ft an hour and you have to make up your punchings I have done many of edge protection and what your saying is robot production figures don't take this the wrong way but I can smell pure bullsh.it beef yourself up as much as you like pal by saying it just goes to show how good you are dŕeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaammmmmmmmmerrrrrr.now go buy that bed and stop lying it don't become you .

Hw do u support ur handrail if u can only attach to steel every 6m or greater? Just wondering hw others approach it. We do safety nets as well as scaffold and use a net for edge protection and u Wud hav no bother hitting 300m with 2 men. It's a lot easier than tubes

Would say someone as woke up and removed his 200mtrs,a day right now all the B.ollocks as been removed 10 Mtrs high average your quote on 20 foot an hour this should give you your hrs what you have to take I to account your not the only trade on site always look at obstacles skips deliveries access site debris and most of all other trades and at 10 Mtrs high wind factor an weather conditions add all of this up and if you go 20ft an hour and you encounter a y of what as been highlighted you will make money good luck scc.

On your first post I knew you would be cheap and knocking in 10s plus from the steel with a cherry picker just at a professional guess if you want 200 Mtrs from a scaff with a dog one of 2 things as happened there one you gone in that cheap you need 200 Mtrs to make it pay or 2 your just being greedy now my price you ask I was charging 12s ten year ago now depending on the class of handrail
Class c double h/rail 14s, class b 16s class a 18s does this satisfy you .

What is a good meterage for a 3 handed gang doing a frame handrail with 8m access tower.
Roughly what would you expect??

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Roof 8m high by the way

£30 a metre for standard triple handrail in my world. Bump it up to at least £40 a metre for this job. Would not use a cherry... go for a scissor, far more stable and get more gear in with you.

Site visit is a must. Check the terrain to see if plant can move freely and check that you can attach the gravlocks properly. Should not imagine toeboards would be needed since it is triple and they may get in the way of the roofing works (if any).

Last edited:
Seen more & more people using beams as the h/r lately - spose it saves on the stds

It's not going to stop deflection though. Standards/puncheons every 2.4m is the way to go.

Top Bottom